still a flat spot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munrosnavara

Reaction score
hey guys I have put a post up about this problem already. but I will tell you guys again. I have a 2012 d40 navara and I have a flat spot between gear changes when its cold. I have blocked the egr valve off and recently serviced it. and put the right oil in it. because I was told different oil would create this flat spot. if anyone has any info on this I would love to hear from you guys.. and also im a qualified mechanic and I have been servicing this vehicle myself by doing this have I voided my warranty.. thanks guys

I can't think what's causing the flat spot, unless it's the turbo actuator not responding properly - which is something your model has suffered from. They changed from vacuum to electronic actuation and mucked it up.

The actuator should normally cause the arm beneath to rise and fall a small amount - 3 to 5mm - at idle (remembering that "idle" isn't constant, but it varies as the fuel input varies so that the ECU can ensure the HO2S is functioning). If you can get someone to sit in the cabin and apply throttle to bring the RPM from idle up to 1500 and let it idle again (repeat) you should see significant movement pretty much in time with the load demand.

As for voiding the warranty, only if the fault is as a result of something that was (or was not, and should have been) done during servicing. If you've done the servicing as per the log book, Nissan cannot void the warranty - for example, if the timing chain starts to let go during the warranty period.

Where the larger effect of non-Nissan servicing can be found is AFTER the warranty period is over. Nissan have performed "goodwill" out-of-warranty repairs in the past - and they lean towards this if there's brand & customer loyalty - but also because they expect that the servicing (even if performed by someone far less qualified) is done in strict accordance with their regimen.

thanks again tony. I forgot to to write in my post it will only do it once and then it is right and wont do it again until its cold again.. mm I know its a weird one. I wish I could work it out

I have to wonder if it is something to do with the turbo vanes, until it's got a little heat? The vanes are bang in the exhaust stream so it won't take long for it to warm up.

Try this one: instead of jumping in, firing it up and dropping it in gear and going, start it and take a walk around the car, then get in and drive off. See if that makes any change.

Google "cold limp mode" "MAF voltage high" "Cold morning overboost".

It is very common in all makes and models. I fixed mine by fitting a Dawes valve limiting boost to 20psi (ZD30 Patrol).

Latest posts

Back