Stereo wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just recently replaced my front speakers, 2 x jvc 250w 3way 6inch. these are hooked up to the standard head unit. all i did was remove the white plastic connection off the standard speakers (so i could utilise the original speaker cable & connection inside the door) and solder the clip to the new speaker. make sure you determine which is + & - on the connection, then just connect the original clips together and screw them in...all up only took around 40mins and i must say they sound pretty good!

Good Stuff man pretty easy huh! the electric window button wire where the clip is didn't bother to disconnect, but jeez nissan make it hard with not enough slack on the wiring.

Have you tried the service manual?

Oh probably not you're new to the forums, well welcome to the forums anyway.

Does any1 know what the colours for pos + and neg - wires are for the front speakers? on a 2010 d22???

ok thanks, because i just put some better speakers in the front and when i plug in my ipod charger its got abit of a crackling coming through the speakers. So i guess i may have put them the wrong way round.

tail and dash lights not working

ive just installed my new stereo but now my dash and tail lights are not working? i have replaced the blown fuse and i am now wondering what wires i connect to each other.
the wires i have left are greenbalck, orange, purple, and green.
has anyone had this exact problem and how do they fix it?

any help will be appriciated.

The earth you thought you found is the dimmer wire for the stereo.

There is no earth in the factory wiring as the stereo is earthed via the antenna.

Got a multimetre ?

Cheers mate, I don't have a multimeter however I have a light stick. what would be my next step of action?

Mate where are you ?

I gotta go pull my stereo out and check the RCA's for the amp, the rear speakers are playing up.

Think thats my fault though.

Ill grab the wiring colours.

Oh and a test light should do the trick.

mate all the best with your problem, hope its fixable. the wire colours would be awesome!
currently in launceston studying a fine furniture course.

i wired up my new kenwood usb ipod player today a had 5 wires left over on the car wiring, im guessing one was the dimmer and the other four were there from the rear speaker wires even though there aren't any????

I cant seem to find this plug on the Aerpro site for my new pioneer DEH-9350SD. Does anyone know how many pins the stock d22 harness is? Havent pulled my dash apart yet and dont really want to until i am 100% ready to go with parts ect.

Brett

Yeh thanks Dave.

I wasn't sure how you count the pins. There are 14 small pins and 2 larger pins, so is that 14 or 16?

photo.png

That is the plug at the back of the cd deck.

Brett

Would be 14 pin's.

I am assuming the other 2 are guides.

Might be 16 pins though.

hi guys I just installed a new head unit into my D40 and i lost my tail and dash lights and my fuses are all good. Any ideas been to a few auto electricians without any luck

Latest posts

Back