Newbie saying hi.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bent cracker

Reaction score
Recently bought an 08 Spanish built d40 outlaw. Fairly high mileage and a rebuilt motor and box. 2 3/4 in exhaust k & n filter, larger turbo and a ecu remap.
I've ordered two 170ah agm batteries second battery kit side and back LEDs, egr blanking plates hard hot turbo pipe snorkel.
I plan for 2in body lift and down the track 2in suspension lift and a bigger all aluminium and welded intercooler and 3in exhaust.
Question??? With a bigger ic and exhaust will the ecu need remapping?

I'm in Brisbane and do lots of beach camping and shooting out west.

Anyway learning lots from only a few days reading, so cheers!

with mods like larger turbo and ecu remap you need to have gauges like EGT gauge so you can see what temps your hitting. that will tell you if there is room to add more fuel or not.
fitting EGt gauge would be the first thing i would do. get one with a programmable warning output so you can fit a buzzer or light to it. that way it trips the max temp and warns you even when your not looking at the gauge.

Cheers tweak'e.
I'll be fitting egt gauge when the new exhaust goes in. Thinking I'll do a 30% bigger ic at the same time as the stock one is leaking. Do you reckon this is enough to throw out the mapping and require re-mapping?
I'm not really chasing more power as she pulls hard now and easily steps out in the dry when I want but more air less black soot build up on the turbo vanes...

You don't have to get it remapped, but to make the most out of those mods remapping would be the go. You can't just fit a boost controller to a D40 and wind the boost up like a D22, so you'd have to have that modified in the ecu anyway if you want to run more boost...

Welcome to the forum.

If you change the boost control to a Tilix/Dawes valve you can get higher boost levels without remapping the ECU, but you compromise on boost control, so full boost won't be achieved as quickly because the ECU does seem to anticipate boost requirements. You'll also have some chattering from the front end as your foot comes off the gas, because the ECU won't be backing the boost off - the Tilix/Dawes valves don't react as quickly. However, they are a good choice because the BCS (Boost Control Solenoid) is a fragile little bugger and costs over $200 to replace. I am using a Tilix valve myself and have no drama with it, except that I had to be careful about how much boost I allowed through with the stock turbo because it was blowing the hose off the intake manifold.

A larger intercooler will just cool the incoming air better, the only sensor involved with the intercooler is a pressure sensor. The ECU doesn't care much about the air temperature beyond the MAFS just outside the air filter box.

Latest posts

Back