Nissan Navara D22 2000 DX heater issue.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorypark

Reaction score
Good evening all.

Hoping someone can assist with an issue I'm having with my heater as per my subject heading.

Obviously set to red(warm) my heater is failing to blow warm/hot air and it's been suggested a couple of things you can do.

Is this a common problem or is there a general explanation why it's failing to blow warm/hot air.

Further to this the blower is only operating on the maximum setting not the first three settings from lowest fan setting to say three quarters.

Are there any general troubleshooting ideas I could try before I ship her off to the mechanics???

Many thanks for any tips or suggestions.

Hey mate,

For the fan, it will be the blower motor resistor. If you do a bit of a search on the forum you will find it. Not a difficult job to take on.

As for the heater, it could be a ciuple of things. Firstly a blockage in the heater core or piping. When the motor is at operating temperature, have a feel of the heater hoses going into the firewall. If both of them feel hot, the core isn't blocked. If one feels cool or a lot cooler than the other, you may have a blockage.

If the hoses are both warm, it could be the blend door behind the dash that controls the airflow through the heater core. It could also be the cable that runs from the temperature control lever to the blend door. When you move the lever from hot to cold can you hear any sort of flap moving behind the dash anywhere?

Let us know how you go.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back