A Unusual clutch issue, Need Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fluid level doesnt change and theres no external leaks. I have also had the slave cylinder serviced and doesnt leake through the boot.

As for the fly wheel i discovered it does fit both ways without even touching the solid mass flywheel however i reinstalled it the same way the old one came out which only fit one way in the old fly wheel. I pulled the transmission apart the other day and there was no sings of binding and everything looked practically new.

I came across suggestions of the newly machined flywheel or new pressure plate having the ability to bind or stick things together in there aswell. Nothing sounds crazy at this point

I can't help but think there's a problem in the hydraulics. Might be a small amount of grit in a seal, or a cross-threaded joint, or something equally difficult to find.

My thinking goes like this: you say that after bleeding the system it works fine for a while then messes up again, and after another bleeding it goes back to normal operation.

That says "leak" to me. It doesn't say thrust bearing, lifter, pressure plate, flywheel or clutch. It could be anywhere from the master cylinder to the slave and might even be a nick in the line.

Hmm i will have to suss it out again the morning, however if it is leaking its all internal to the cylinders or leaking at some point i cant possibly see. I still havnt let get that it may also be air getting "locked" in their some where aswell. The only thing i havnt had serviced or replaced yet is the hydraulic lines between the cylinders.

Thanks ill have to take a look tomorrow

Just a follow up,
Went through the hydraulics today again and still nothing. Decided to take out the transmission again and lay the whole clutch assembly out on the bench. As soon as I laid the pressure plate with the toothed springs down on the bench Bam!. The pressure plate rocked like it wasnt sitting square. Examined the teeth and discovered a significant bend in a area of teeth which were applying an uneven/continuous load to the clutch plate.

Im not going to call this situation as resolved until the new clutch assembly is installed and im driving away into the sunset, however this would be a pretty good sign of the problem.

Thanks for the input and hopefully this works once it gets installed next week.

Latest posts

Back