whine noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EGR pipe from the back of the exhaust manifold, they're know to crack.

EGR pipe from the back of the exhaust manifold, they're know to crack.

I'll check it out. I did think of that when i was under the car trying to get to a nut i dropped in the engine bay but then noticed a bolt missing on the exhaust hanger and forgot all about it

The higher gears would suggest a boost leak. If the egr pipe isn't leaking, it may be worth changing the silicon or rubber pie that blew off in case it has damaged it internally and it is leaking.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The higher gears would suggest a boost leak. If the egr pipe isn't leaking, it may be worth changing the silicon or rubber pie that blew off in case it has damaged it internally and it is leaking.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

But its only does it at low boost? Full boost i have normal turbo and induction noise. Even at 24psi it wasnt making the noise

you need to strat the process of elimination otherwise you will be asking this and that for the next month getting no where. try and do what has been sugested and go from there mate.

I have mate its not any silicon hoses, airbox to snorkel, intake to turbo, wastegate to boost sensor, dump pipe, turbo to manifold

Egr pipe looks fine as do vacumm hoses. Just took the car to a 4x4 mechanic and took him for a drive. He seems to think it sounds more like driveline then engine noise. He described it as a harmonic sound. He said to leave it and see if it gets worse. Cos at the moment the car drives great. It just makes this annoying noise. Its now doing it at low speeds only when barely accelarating

Mmm driveline now, the center bearing if forked can make that noise at low speed and minimal acceleration. Just a stab in the dark Jase, get hold of your shaft and give it a good tug, it should be firm and not wiggle too much. Also rubber shavings around the bearing are a givaway.

Mmm driveline now, the center bearing if forked can make that noise at low speed and minimal acceleration. Just a stab in the dark Jase, get hold of your shaft and give it a good tug, it should be firm and not wiggle too much. Also rubber shavings around the bearing are a givaway.

Alright I'll check that out. Cheers John

That's it, not going up the beach with you any more, well I might think about it!:confused3::homo:

Haha dirty minds. I had to re read it to know what they were talking about

Think that could be it! My tailshaft has a fair bit of movement in it. I'll replace the centre bearing and see what happens

Latest posts

Back