The D.I.Y. ZD30 remap thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumpig have you adjusted any of the timing yet?

Yeah a little bit, but that's probably the last thing to change once I sort out the rest. There's a start of injection map and another for the timing piston.

Find yourself a second hand ecu on ebay, get it socketed, and i'll send you some chips. It's all still a work in progress.

Rumpig has generously lent me a remapped ECU to trial which we plugged into my vehicle today. Drove into work (about 30 mins) this arvo to pick up a work ute. So far I'm extremely impressed! I immediately noticed a huge difference in the throttle response down low. That really doughy, laggy response which I had pretty much gotten used to is completely gone. And happily the EGT's, especially at cruising speed, have not really increased.
I'm taking the work ute out to Jabiru tomorrow, so I won't be driving mine for a couple of days, but I will continue the evaluation when I get back, including towing the boat etc.
Thanks Rumpig, you're a champion!

Cheers,

Ben

I've been doing a tune for 17-18psi and am really limited by exhaust temps, I think i'll have to bash the guts out of my dump pipe soon and see if that reduces them. On paper I should be able to inject more fuel for the boost level i'm using.

Air getting hot up your way yet.or is it always hot? 😆 do you take the portion of meth you injecting into your equations?

It's 32 all year round up here, just cooler at night in the dry. I've got no shortage of fuel so I don't use meth much anymore, just straight water to keep egt's down.

Have you looked at the Alientech stuff? Thinking about getting the Kess V2 and having a play with that

Nah, i haven't looked at it as it's not suitable for the ZD30. I have to desolder the chips in the ECU, socket it, then use a reader/writer to reprogram the chips. That's pretty much the reason no-one remaps the zd30, to much stuffing around. Also there isn't one tool that does every type of car, you need certain tools for different types of ecu.

Fair enough, just thought it might be worth a mention. Few of the big name tuners in AUS are using it now and starting to get some good results

Think I found the single value boost limiter (sbvbl) but am still getting boost cut. It's driving me nuts!

Still trying to figure out the boost cut above 18psi, changed about 20 different maps and still haven't got it. Still a much better pedal response but you can never have to much power so i'll keep at it.

Saw you post a chip wiring pic to help someone in another thread Rumpig and noticed that in the pic was a spill line return mod? Is this your engine? Find it did anything for you? I know people do them on patrols

Is it cutting the fuel at 18psi? Are the maps in absolute or gauge pressure?

Saw you post a chip wiring pic to help someone in another thread Rumpig and noticed that in the pic was a spill line return mod? Is this your engine? Find it did anything for you? I know people do them on patrols

No noticeable difference, It was only done to send the hot fuel that comes out of the injector pump back to the tank, instead of feeding it straight back into the injector pump.

would you be able to get a "nistune" style chip into one of these zd30 ecus?
then have a nistune tuner do a dyno tune to modify the map?

Latest posts

Back