front tyres scrubin out on D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunkmuddie

Reaction score
hi all ive got an o5 D22 an ever since buying it the front tyres scrub out on the inside ive had plenty of alignments done with no real change even the 2"lift didnt fix the problem after it had started to sag from the weight in front end. is this a common problem an is the anyway of fixing it?
cheers Dunk

g day mate, mine scrubs on the inside on full lock but that was after putting the new 31s on. stock tyres didnt touch at all. i also got the lift kit hoping it would fix the problem but didnt quite do it. so ive just brought a body lift kit, so after i fit that it should fix the problem up, hope that helps

Matty

hi matty
yeah i fixied the scrubing of the guard that your talking about with a ball pin and heat gun. but its the uneven tyre wear im really trying 2 address at moment before a new set of tyres do you have that problem ?
Dunk

mate your uneven tyre wear could be from a couple of things first did you put the tyres on new ? if not then it may be from the person who owned it before you not have the wheels aligned properly if they start to wear from not being done then it is hard to bring them back. a good idea it to rotate your tyes to the rear as the rears all ways wear flat this should do two things for you 1 give you better wear over your four tyres or five if you use the spare. 2 it should provide you with a idea if the front end has problems as having the rears on the front you are starting with a more even tread and you will be able to see how it wears.
nice fix with the hammer i have 32" micky t's on mine and i ended up cutting the front gaurds so they didnt scrub any more. hope all that helps. what tyre are you looking at putting on next?

i brought the truck new an dis is my second set of tyres doing the same thing ive done the rotation every 10000km with the second set but they just still seam to wear. mickys again 4 sure not sure on atz in a 4 stud or the muds going to try fittin 33"

Hi Dunkmuddie
Recently had a long chat with my local tyre guy as I'm coming up for a new set of boots, he's pretty well respected in the area for his knowledge and advice and belongs to an advisory motoring group who seek advise from him in a professional advisory manner. Anyway, scrubbing on the front is normally due to the lack of Toe-in and Toe-out on the Navara, set dead straight from production. He also advised that he had seen a few with too much camber adjustement (that's what mine has got) but more importantly he advised that it is imperative that the wheels are rotated every 10k to spread the wear caused by having a no Toe setting, so much so that he provides an FOC service to do this and has said that he will stake the cost of a new set of tyres if I don't get at least another 15K's out of the new set providing i have them rotated when necessary!!

thanks for the info MAP i keep that in mind with the new set of rubber when ive get ever last bit out of dis set

Hi, this is going to sound really lazy but last set of cooper muddies lasted 80k, tyres were rotated once, not because I couldn't be bothered but it didn't need it. No uneven wear. Car has done 130k and never had wheel alignment, always recomended but never wanted it done. If its not broken don't touch it. Cooper tyres have always had better wear imo. Sorry doesn't help just thought i'd share.

Latest posts

Back