EGR Valve removal questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been a while

Reaction score
Howdy everyone! I have had the EGR blocked off for some years now and since I've had to replace the injector pump the pipe that goes from the valve to the manifold has been removed..

My question is, can you remove the EGR valve completely?

It had to be removed so i could get the pump out and i just noticed this!
Why is there a hole there and why is it passing exhaust gasses? A vent of some sort?

Attachments

• 20180726_135051.jpg
    20180726_135051.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 122
the hole is a vent for any gases that go leak up the shaft.

cannot remove the valve as such. ecu will detect its unplugged and flag error code.
also your laws means disabling emission gear like egr is illegal. a missing egr valve is fairly obvious. best bet is to leave it in.

the hole is a vent for any gases that go leak up the shaft.

cannot remove the valve as such. ecu will detect its unplugged and flag error code.
also your laws means disabling emission gear like egr is illegal. a missing egr valve is fairly obvious. best bet is to leave it in.

Ahhh tweak'e again, you champ lol

Dangit, so it has to stay...bugger..

So that vent is normal? Or is the unit on it's way out?

vent is normal.
if you block egr off at the exhaust it won't ever be a problem.

Ahhh ok, will do.. I'll wait untill i have had her running again , so she's warm before a crack those bolts or nuts me thinks...
Another beer i owe ya.. what are we up to now- a keg?

vent is normal.
if you block egr off at the exhaust it won't ever be a problem.

Ahhh ok, will do.. I'll wait untill i have had her running again , so she's warm before a crack those bolts or nuts me thinks...
Another beer i owe ya.. what are we up to now- a keg?

Well, today i hear a little tapping noise coming from the engine bay and I notice the EGR "thing" has broken the mount! Broke the pipe about a year ago so I removed that... I'm going to remove this now, has anyone done it..

I'm guessing removing the main body and keep the sensor block that sits on top of it with the water hoses running to it and make a new mount for that...
Any thoughts?
Or weld up a new bracket??. I want it gone tbh...

What motor you got?

On the zd 30 the motor runs fine without the valve, but it's not legal to do it. Seen it done (temporarily) to try and find source of oil leak in that area, before all being put back together, without any problems. Unless there are variations between different years or something?

Catch cans are good idea but the egr is there for valid reasons and not sure blocking it helps much anyway on these motors. Have noticed the carbon build up usually only affects the egr part of the manifold, so letting that block itself up would probably be better lol.

the valve itself you can remove (provided egr is blocked back at exhaust manifold), its the electrical part that you have to keep to fool the ecu. fortunately they don't have egr valve positioning system so the ecu has no idea if the valve is there or not.

What motor you got?

On the zd 30 the motor runs fine without the valve, but it's not legal to do it. Seen it done (temporarily) to try and find source of oil leak in that area, before all being put back together, without any problems. Unless there are variations between different years or something?

Catch cans are good idea but the egr is there for valid reasons and not sure blocking it helps much anyway on these motors. Have noticed the carbon build up usually only affects the egr part of the manifold, so letting that block itself up would probably be better lol.
ZD 30 baby ;) lol yeah...

yup, got two catch cans ! So all good there. They're a swine of a thing the EGR set up, they make the diesels eat thier own poo so to speak, and those pipes always crack, scares the shite out of you when they blow out... got me good, I was on the gas too, and then bang....

the valve itself you can remove (provided egr is blocked back at exhaust manifold), its the electrical part that you have to keep to fool the ecu. fortunately they don't have egr valve positioning system so the ecu has no idea if the valve is there or not.
Done mum!

3mm alloy should hold, there's no weight in that sensor and heater pipe... here's hoping!

Attachments

• 20210413_101050.jpg
    20210413_101050.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210413_115010.jpg
    20210413_115010.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210412_173232.jpg
    20210412_173232.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210412_173208.jpg
    20210412_173208.jpg