How long have you waited for warranty claim to be accepted by Nissan?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalteseMan

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wondering how long other members have had to wait to have a warranty claim accepted by Nissan?
I have had paint peel off roof in 2 small places back to bare metal and it has already gone rusty!! Not happy and I only noticed it about 5 weeks ago when I gave the vehicle a polish, as it was on the roof and behind the rail for the roof rack so hiding.
I went straight to my dealer to get the problem fixed.
They took photos and said that they would have to get in touch with Nissan to get the claim accepted (but that it shouldn't be a problem. They also asked me to go to a body repair shop and get a quote which I did straight away for them.
Well as I said its been 5 weeks since all that happened and it hasn't got any further.
Is this normal ?
I feel I am just being fobbed off by the dealer, and I am starting to feel like maybe I should take it to consumer affairs or go to a lawyer.

What ute is it and how long have you had it for?
Where is the dealer?
Paint is not generally covered by warranty but if it is peeling off within the early months of warranty, then you might have a chance.
Older Nissans used to do this a lot, but only bubble off to the primer when it rained followed by a lot of humidity. My old MK Patrol did this on the roof and the drivers rear quarter.

Chase them up, don't wait for them to contact you.
You should have heard from Nissan within a few days to a week.

Its a 2016 np300 Tony. Bought Dec 2016 so only just over a year old really with only 20000kms on the clock and I keep it under a carport. Dealer is in Tassie.

Warranty claim has now finally been accepted. It seems that the hold up was in large part due to the dealer doing nothing about it for a few weeks after I had initially went into see them. Probably hoping I would go away and forget about it.

I had all forms of issues with mine, the body mounts were the worst. The dealer simply could not fix it and I had to keep taking days off work while they farked around. I ended up doing all the work at my cost.

Latest posts

Back