Rust in radiator cap, best way to flush

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey,
this morning I noticed a large build up of what looked like rust/sediment in the radiator filling hole and on the bottom of the radiator cap its self.

I have done a "flush" before but that was just dropping fluid, re filling taking her for a drive. dropping fluid etc etc.
I do remember using tap water for the first few flushes not to waste new fluid and im guessing when i started doing the same with the new fluid i didnt get it all out...

whats the best way now to do a proper flush and get all that shit out?

Cheers team

I would drain and re fill a couple of times using normal water then buy some Radiator Flush and use as directed then re fill with the correct Anti Freeze mix. that rusty gunk reminds me of the old cars where we never used anti freeze just tap water. you need to get that radiator clean again.

Cheers,
Any tips for locating the drain bung for the block it self?
All I know is it's on the left side and can be located through the wheel arch way.
Havnt been able to find it

Good luck if you can get that drain plug out. I have tried mine and had no hope of even cracking the bolt let alone getting it out.

As for flushing, I have seen recommended on here to flush it with demineralised water and then when draining and refilling with coolant you will have no tap water in there at all. It will be a bit expensive but that's the only way you're going to do it properly.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Flush with hose and an air compressor.
Put the hose on the top radiator hose and an air gun in a heater hose.
Radiator out of course.
Really gets the crud out from deep in the block.
Do a search on line, many ways of doing it.

Latest posts

Back