08 D40 auto 2.5TD Limp mode problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 08 D40 had the limp mode problem once because at a recent service my mechanic used generic brand oil and petrol filters, and we found after we changed them back to factory original filters that the limp mode problem
was fixed, it has not comeback.

After half hr of swearing and bending fingers back I finally got the SCV valve out only to find theres no part numbers on it haha just my pure luck. :pissedoff: Has anyone used the Hi-Spec denso SCV valves? says there an original with a mod to make them better? also $400 where as the standard are $195, thoughts?

Correct.. You match the SCV to the Pump Number.. Use your phone camera to take a pic of the label..

My research revealed that the older pumps can't take the new, longer, SCV's.. So I just purchased a new one from United Fuel Injection..

SCV off and on should take 10 minutes...

well the reason I couldn't see it besides the awkward spot is it was caked in crap but finally I have it haha! Denso Hungary No. HU294000-0530

Ah your a legend, was still waiting for a mob to get back to me to check the numbers match but you've made my life easy cheers mate cant wait to change it and see if it is the problem!

We'll finally got the new valve today I had some trouble putting it in mainly because my fingers have trouble inverting themselves getting in there lol but I got it in and did the ECU reset, primed the fuel and she started rather smoothly and idled nicely with non of the usual noises? Took it for a quick drive and all seems good so I'll drive it to work tomorrow and fingers crossed it's finally solved it!

Well about 600kms later it hasn't missed a beat and is definitely a noticeable difference in the way the power comes on in normal driving there's no resistance or hesitation its just a smooth transitition now its definitely fixed woo hoo!!!! Oh how I missed her haha. Big thanks for all the help and input fellas very much appreciated.

Great news... Another SCV issue successfully diagnosed.

You have to love that small feeling of Euphoria when you realise that you've *finally* found that silver bullet that's been causing your limp mode issues..

Hoping for Many more trouble free KM now..

cant wipe the smile off my face mate haha, im just glad it was only a $200 fix and not something a lot worse. Limp mode is a jigsaw game Nissan invented and I found the missing piece haha. Here's to hoping

No warning lights for a SCV fault... Just a pesky, annoying limp mode / lack of power / power surge / idle hunt (especially when cold)...

I see you're in Perth.. Happy to help you fault find your issue if need be...

guys I fyi I just did the battery terminal off reset, as told here, and nothing else; & after extensive roadtesting problem gone completely... does this sound feasible?

guys I fyi I just did the battery terminal off reset, as told here, and nothing else; & after extensive roadtesting problem gone completely... does this sound feasible?

Did you ever tell us that you were having a problem ?

Doing an ECU reset forces the ECU to re-learn the behavior of some of the engine sensors. If you had a problem that was fixed that easily then it's great news.

Yeh I had the EGR sensor light come on a few times same code but only until I changed that sc valve everything went away, haven't had a problem since

I don't think there's a fault code for suction control, I would however love to clean the whole EGR valve assembly out when I learn how l, I've watched videos on how bad they can get

Latest posts

Back