08/11 D40 Fuel filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonD40

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a few Questions,

:hahaha: Can anyone answer to why the 2.5 D40 change fuel filter design after 06?

:idea: Can i change to the older version, due to the over price one in my 09 model?

Simon

:rant:

I haven't checked the differences myself but you can bet that even if they are compatible Nissan wont hold up a fuel related warranty if you use a cheaper one (even a genuine one) to save a few bucks.

From memory there is 3 different filters for 09 D40 models and mine is the dearest one too but for the sake of about $50 and the fact the next fuel filter change will be out of warranty I don't think it's a cost worth worrying about.

If cost is such an issue go after market and get one from Western Filters, or at very least try nizzbits because trade price should see it go under $140 I believe.

I haven't checked the differences myself but you can bet that even if they are compatible Nissan wont hold up a fuel related warranty if you use a cheaper one (even a genuine one) to save a few bucks.

From memory there is 3 different filters for 09 D40 models and mine is the dearest one too but for the sake of about $50 and the fact the next fuel filter change will be out of warranty I don't think it's a cost worth worrying about.

If cost is such an issue go after market and get one from Western Filters, or at very least try nizzbits because trade price should see it go under $140 I believe.

Hi mate,

06 is like the D22 3.0l they are the spin on around $45 and mine is the one that is the dearest one as well around $140 from Nissan

I guess that's the rice you pay buying a dearer model.

Reports were that after market filters were as low as $80 or something, but similar reports also stated the after market ones were missing something the D40 wanted. I don't remember the full spiel that was written about it but it was on this site around 2 years ago.

Latest posts

Back