Front passenger window wont rise.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel1979

Reaction score
Having a problem with my D40. For a while now the master switch that operates the passenger front window would wind the window down but not back up i have had to use the passenger side door window switch to wind the window back up. Now both switches are winding it fown but not back up. I have swapped over switches but it doesn't make a difference. I was able to get the window to rise by applying 12v to the back of the switch i have included a photo of the terminals. Is anyone able to help out and let me know what's going on. Thanks in advance.
c4fb70e9491cecf52977eaedddc9bceb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They look pretty arced out to me. I'd say the contacts aren't touching properly because of the carbon buildup on there. You could try cleaning the carbon off the contacts in both switches and trying them again, otherwise it will be a new switch job. Have you tried removing one of the rear window switches and trying that to see if it works?

They look pretty arced out to me. I'd say the contacts aren't touching properly because of the carbon buildup on there. You could try cleaning the carbon off the contacts in both switches and trying them again, otherwise it will be a new switch job. Have you tried removing one of the rear window switches and trying that to see if it works?
Thanks for the reply the terminals were perfectly clean before i got the window back up. Those arc marks are from when i jumped it with 12v to get the window back up. The original switch still works in other doors and if i take one off the back and put it on the front it is still the same problem.

Fair enough. Have you got a multi meter that you can use to see what voltage you are getting at the window motor when trying to put it up?

Definitely something weird going on there. Could be an issue with the switch unit on the driver's side. Might pay to pull that out and check for continuity between the contacts on the front passenger switch in that unit

Definitely something weird going on there. Could be an issue with the switch unit on the driver's side. Might pay to pull that out and check for continuity between the contacts on the front passenger switch in that unit
Update turned out to be the master switch I don't think it was allowing power to passenger switch. Changed master switch and all good now. Thanks for the help.

Update turned out to be the master switch I don't think it was allowing power to passenger switch. Changed master switch and all good now. Thanks for the help.

I had the same issues, did you get genuine or aftermarket? An auto elec put a new master switch in mine but the switches glow green instead of orange and his supplier reckons they don't have orange ones.

Latest posts

Back