Annoying Squeaks D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suchislife

Reaction score
Finally found what was causing that bloody squeak.

After reading previous threads I moved the clutch pipe (stopped the rattle under load) I adjusted the bonnet latch and rubber stoppers to no avail.

This morning I was determined to find the bloody thing but first I was going to clean the engine. The first thing I did was removed the plastic engine shroud and what I found was a shiny surface where the rear two shroud rubbers touch the metal frame. GOTCHA so I took my car for a drive and It was fantastic the first time in months no bloody squeak.

An obvious fix for those who want the shroud in place either raise the rear spacers 5mm or ensure the two surfaces are clean and lubricated with silicon spray or leave the shroud off altogether.

hey i had similar issues with mine.
I been driving around for a while without the shroud and yeah it's not as noisy.

I guess I will try your tip and add spacers to keep it firm and also I think my bonnet makes some more of them sounds ( i didn't know the latch could be adjusted I'll try that too).

On a similar note... has anyone experienced engine noise after this scenario:

The car is cold and I gave it hard acceleration (like needed to get into traffic or overtake) but because it is cold the engine didn't perform as well and just redlined when it was meant t change gears (auto).. so then for a couple of days the engine didn't sound the best... sort of ratleley on acceleration. Goes away after a while of normal driving.

Yeah I did the same in the past but I adjusted the latch assembly lower 3-4mm and I now have no movement in the bonnet when I put push it when closed.

Drove it all day today and definitely no squeaks. I had previously thought it was the ball joints bushes etc sprayed with silicon thinking that was the cause but it was a two dollar rubber ha.

I have a horrible squeak (noise) on the passengers side of the car near the B pillar. It only happens when i drive on corrugations or over a bump of some sort. It's bloody annoying. The other day i got the misses to open her door as we were driving along and the noise went away.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? The dealer has checked the chassis mounts and the door and they say they don't know what it is.

Merchant possibly hinges which you would have thought of not trying to be a smart ass. The other thing to look at is the platic inside the passenger side wheel well where the front quarter goes from sheet steel to plastic at the front it comes loose and rubs on the panel, I had this on my quest to find my noise.

Latest posts

Back