All terains?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavatron

Reaction score
Hey guys, just sold my ss ute and will hopefully have a d22 by the end of the week. First things first, 2 inch lift and some A/T's. From what i've seen/read, i'm gonna go with a iron man lift, then i need some slightly bigger rubber.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for some A/T's, i dont want or need anything spectacular, just a bit of beach work and light trails. Standards would probably do, but its more for looks than anything else, and im not really one to leave a car as the factory intended. A guesstimate on prices would be good to, thanks guys

Gav

ATR 4WD Tyre Specifications

Go the light truck construction 265/75/16.

I had a set of ST's and they were a good tyre, Id buy another set. I bought the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's and there a good tyre to. Might be abit aggresive for what you need though.

What D22 are you getting, ZD30 powered or YD25 powered ?

Dave.

unfortunatly i have to settle for zd30, $23k limit, money tied up else where so cant get the later model, for not much more. How were the MTZ's for road noise, I'd like an aggressive looking tyre, just for wank factor really. To be honest i'd love to drive around with a set of Muddys if i could but, i cant afford it and im not a complete wanker, just a bit. How much am i looking at spending for 4 decent AT's?
Cheers

unfortunatly i have to settle for zd30, $23k limit, money tied up else where so cant get the later model, for not much more. How were the MTZ's for road noise, I'd like an aggressive looking tyre, just for wank factor really. To be honest i'd love to drive around with a set of Muddys if i could but, i cant afford it and im not a complete wanker, just a bit. How much am i looking at spending for 4 decent AT's?
Cheers

I'd prefer the 3l anyway.
I've got a set of BFG all-terrains. Pretty good compromise. They where pretty pricey ($310ea) but are meant to last a lot longer than the factory brigdestones.

As ^Dave STR said go for a light truck construction. 265/75 (32") should suit your lift.

The Mickey Thompson's are a little noisy at higher speed's but not to bad. It dont bother me anyway. They were $353 each, but you can get em cheaper if you look around.

The ZD30 is a good motor, not as refined as the CRD YD25 but I am happy with mine, bit of a dog when cold but I dont really do short trips so dont bother me either.

There are a few mods worth looking into like a atch can and blocking the EGR.

Your probably looking at $300 for each ATR Cooper, but the Cooper tyres last. I hardly ever rotated my old ST's and never really aired them down in the bush. Only really let them down for the sand dunes.

I got 75,000km's out of them and could have got a few more but I replaced them as I had the spare time that I wasn't gonna have in a few weeks time.

Dave.

They went pretty well. Only let me down once.

That was probably due to the fact that my original shocks were rooted.

I reakon the ST's are a better road tyre then the MTZ's, but wet roads the Mickey Thompson's tend to stick better.

The first 2000km's the Mickey Thompson MTZ's are average, when they wear in abit they are a great tyre.

A mate of mine has ST's on his Jeep Wrangler and that thing goes anywhere. Josy and him would get along pretty well going by the driving styles.

I tend to think of the damage I may do before attending anything but the ST's are a good tyre.

Never had a puncture with the Coopers or Mickey Thompson's. My spare tyre is still a ST.

Dave.

Thanks for the info,i bought a second set of alloys on the weekend which will be used just for trips and i need something to put on them.

I got a second set aswell.

Still trying to decide what to get so the MTZ's do dont to much road driving. Been looking at all different all terrains aswell. But if I can get a set of ST's at the right price Ill gladly grab em.

Dave.

700 post. I spend to much time on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, just sold my ss ute and will hopefully have a d22 by the end of the week. First things first, 2 inch lift and some A/T's. From what i've seen/read, i'm gonna go with a iron man lift, then i need some slightly bigger rubber.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for some A/T's, i dont want or need anything spectacular, just a bit of beach work and light trails. Standards would probably do, but its more for looks than anything else, and im not really one to leave a car as the factory intended. A guesstimate on prices would be good to, thanks guys

Gav

Mate,

Give Tyre Plus at Labrador a call before April 30....the guy there quoted me $305 per tyre for a set of BFG AT's in 265/70/16 for my D40....although i ended up paying $20 more ($310 each) and getting them from Ace Tyres in Brisbane. I love them so far, got them on monday, and they seem great. Plenty of grip in the dry, havent tried them in the wet yet but my neighbours have them on their patrols/mavericks and swear by them.
I was looking at a set of MT ATZ's in the 4 rib design but the D40 wont take 265/75/16's without scrubbing the inner guards and i didnt want that on a daily driver.
Make sure u get in before end of april though for the BFG's as they are on special this month, altho in may u get a Tmax compressor for free with 4 tyres i think, but prices go back up to $340-380 per tyre.

Cheers,

I just replaced my Bridgestones at 43,000 with BFG's Long Trail T/As for $247 each from JAX tyres at Ashmore. They have always done the right thing by me and the BFG's did 96,000 on my old Isuzu MU. Be interesting to see how they perform on the Nav
Paul

The Mickey Thompson's are a little noisy at higher speed's but not to bad. It dont bother me anyway. They were $353 each, but you can get em cheaper if you look around.

Dave.

they only cos my mate azza 240 each from tyrepower in karratha. 265/75/16s

I know this is a really old thread,just keen to get some thoughts on wots
What tyre people are using now,looking at getting some fresh rubber for my d22,
The factory tyres are about to click over 50,000,dont know wether to go mud terrain,
Or all terrain,what sort of kms have you been getting out of each,this is my firs
Post,usually just sit back and read.

I know this is a really old thread,just keen to get some thoughts on wots
What tyre people are using now,looking at getting some fresh rubber for my d22,
The factory tyres are about to click over 50,000,dont know wether to go mud terrain,
Or all terrain,what sort of kms have you been getting out of each,this is my firs
Post,usually just sit back and read.

I think it really depends on what you want to do with the Nav as to which way to go, muddies? or A/T's?

I have run BFG A/T's, mickey T 4ribs, GT Radials, and Kuhmo's all have got between 95'000km and 120,000km out of those i think the Mickey T 4rib were the pick of the bunch then BFG's but they do go off if after a while so if your not doing allot of km's then they will be gone before they wear out.

Muddies will wear faster and some much faster somewhere around 60'000km and you will be doing well, muddies will be noisier especially once they start to wear, and generally they will be a little slightly worse in the wet some worse then others.

Yeah ok thanks,ive heard that about bf's going off,i have been looking at
Mickey t ATZ's,spose i can always drop the psi if i need a bit more grip
Doing alot of city driving but like to get out for a play every couple of weeks
Just found some other threads that have answered some questions
You can sit and read shit for hours on here.

Yeah ok thanks,ive heard that about bf's going off,i have been looking at
Mickey t ATZ's,spose i can always drop the psi if i need a bit more grip
Doing alot of city driving but like to get out for a play every couple of weeks
Just found some other threads that have answered some questions
You can sit and read shit for hours on here.

If you went the Mickey T's you wont be unhappy, i found them to be awesome tyre they are one of the more aggressive A/T,s and worked really well off road on most surfaces including sand.
I took them on rocks, mud, sand, dirt roads never got a puncture, they bag out well when you let a few PSI out.
Great tyre imo.

There is literally weeks of reading on here, and definitely some lots of shit too. lol

the cooper at3 have an agressive pattern for an a/t tyre but they dont come in std size (265/70/16)
you have to go 75 series
and trim your mudflaps so they dont scrub
i run bfg a/t's no complaints,25k old
i might try the mickeyt's a/t next time

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back