Subwoofer in D22 Dual Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22FELLA

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a shallow 12inch Pioneer sub which i want to punt in my D22 Nav.

I have seen custom boxes made to fit 10's and 12's to fit behind the seat. I am happy to purchase a box which will fit straight in if anybody knows of one.

OR

If anybody has seen a link/thread to instruct me on how to make such a box with dimentions etc.

Also does anybody know of anyone decent (Work and price) in Sydney that makes such a box.

Thanks people, Ben.

I know you have the sub already but I think its fusion that make a slimline one, you could maybe go into the shops and suss it out, take the measurements ect from it then make up one similar.

I used a little
Pioneer powered sub and it's great. Not so
Much low bass but still a great bit of
Kit nice and small

If you MYO:
For best results use:
18mm MDF, STRONG liquid nails or similar on ALL joins, line the box with Quilt wadding (Spotlight stores are your friend here), fit a speaker grill to protect your sub, thick speaker cable if you do not have the amp right next to the box, even then use good quality cable.
At least paint the outside of the box to seal the MDF from moisture.
Jaycar sells good quality speaker terminal mounts for sub boxes, speaker cable, grilles and even carpet for the outside of the box if that is what you choose.

Sealed sub boxes require more power for best results.
Vented sub boxes give great bass for less power but must be "tuned" for good results. ie Port length and diameter/shape are derived from a formula which escapes me right now...
Vented boxes are also larger in size for the same sub than sealed boxes...
Up to you which box type you choose to build and will fit in your space behind the seat.

Last edited:
Cheers.

Ill end up making my own i think. Was looking at an active pioneer sub, but for the price i have seen i think ill just pull my finger out and make a slim box for my sub :)

Goes plenty of bass just not real low frequencies as it is small... Fit two of them. All it needs is RCA, remote and 10 amp power. Nice and easy harness comes with.
Fit two if you're worried ;)

Did you guys get it in the kicker slimline box? 2 ohm or 4? Does it shake the seats after we have had a beer or 2 and our favourite song comes on lol.

Where have you guys mounted your amp? My sub is mounted in the middle behind the seat and ive had to remove my amp off the back wall because i just had two baby seats fitted with straps running down the back wall to the floor, any ideas?

this is how mine is setup....... the smaller 2ch amp is for the sub and the 4ch is for the speakers in the doors.

Attachments

• the setup.jpg
    the setup.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,081
Does the system sound good enough with just the one sub? ( Earthquake like bass lol)

Looks like enough room to fit 2 subs in there lol

Does the system sound good enough with just the one sub? ( Earthquake like bass lol)

Looks like enough room to fit 2 subs in there lol

Yeah plenty of bass just the way I like it..... would have to put the amps under the seats if you wanted to put two in....wasnt keen on that idea just in case water came in while 4wding.

The kicker vt slimline still has a deep mounting depth of 4 3/8". I have a d22 dual cab and had the same prob, i went for the soundstream stealth 13 slimline, only 2" mounting depth fits perfect the back seat in a custom made box made exactly to the 22.6 litre specs they ask for. Or you can spend a fortune and go the JL Audio 13tw5 which has the same mounting depth of 2" but expect to pay $700 compared to the soundstream of $299.

Latest posts

Back