D22 TD25 fuel issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Condog

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals

I recently dropped a TD25 in place of the old SD 25and have run across aan issue. ..
I was able to get it fired up but after 5 minutes it died. It's a new engine with new glow plugs etc etc so I assumed fuel. After removing the injector tubes I found it isn't getting fuel thru them. I then removed the tubes off the injector pump and same thing no fuel coming out. It does have fuel flowing thru the return lines and bleeder valve, so I am after any advice as to what the issue could be or whether it is f%€%ed?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Condog

Hey Mate

When i dropped my td27t in place of my td27, i could not get it started. It would fire up for about 15 seconds and shut off.

It had been a long day, so i retired, went inside and had a couple of beers. then i remembered i had not re-primed the fuel system.

so using the plunger on-top of the fuel filter i re-primed the fuel system
started the engine and it idled.
i then cracked each injector collar slightly (while running) until the air was removed, re-tightened and moved onto the next one.
(id done this before on my old sd33 patrol with good success, unsure if its a recommended bleed method.

after all that she ran like a champ.

Unsure if it will help you, but its allways good to check its primed/no air leaks in the fuel lines etc.

cheers, christian

Yea mine won't fire up at all. Started for 5 minutes and ran like a champ but now when priming the pump, isn't getting fuel into the injector tubing. It was originally as there was a leak on injector #2 (from firewall). Now the pump won't go hard (tested the pump with a jar of fuel, put finger over outlet and goes hard) and have new fuel lines and clamps. Has fuel from 10 mm bleeder valve and fuel come out the overflow return lines but not from back of pump to the injectors?!

Latest posts

Back