Tough Dog vs EFS lift kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys first time poster,
I'm looking at upgrading my d22 susspension.
i have narrowed it down to EFS and Tough dog.
EFS
4 x nitro shocks
2 x leafs
bushes and u bolts
and apparently a set of free wheeling hubs which don't really concern me.
for 1830 Nzd

Tough Dog
2 x foam cells front and 2 x nitro rear
leafs
bushes and bolts
new shackles
and a steering dampener and mounting kit
1710 Nzd

is there any reason i should not go for either of the two iv heard good about both but only heard really tough dog to do with d22s
any help would be choice
Cheers Ben

what about the Torsion Bar upgrade ? your getting the new shocks and new rear springs but to complete this upgrade you do need the t/bars. both are well known brands anyway.

Hey forgot to mention both kits come with upgraded Torsions.
Old Men emu is a fair amount more expensive in Nz can't find My one willing to give a good deal.
Any more help would be appreciated

Efs and tough dog seem to be common and decent enough. Are those prices fitted or supply only?

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

Hey they are both supply. Would hate to think what they qould charge for install... I have access to a workshop etc so that part isn't a problem
Any knowledge on and pros and cons would be great and highly appreciated! Don't want to make the wrong choice and regret spending all that cash

Last edited:
Hey, yeah that's over 2,000nzd plus shipping unfortunately.
Thanks for the help guys, by the sounds of it I can't really go qrong with either of them just have to make a decision on which one to go with.
Leta hope I make the right decision

Shocks are not too badly priced anyway, so worst case just get one of those kits you mentioned and if they aren't great just upgrade them later on. I have raw 2" heavy duty springs in the rear of mine, stock torsion bars in the front and Gabriel shocks from supercheap auto all round and have found that to be decent for the type of driving I do...

Just reading through your first post again, I'd be more inclined to get the tough dog one, only because they come with new shackles. If you use poly bushes in the shackles and eyes, you need to be able to grease them, so you need pins (for the front of the spring) and shackles that are greasable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back