Headlight Restoration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
My headlights have glazed badly to the point of being illegal. Rather than rob a bank to buy replacements I thought of looking at these kits. Presumably it’s a cutting compound with a polish to finish it off. Alas I have no experience with them nor has anyone I know. Has anyone here used these products and got any feedback?.
Cheers
John
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Rain-X-Headlight-Restoration-Kit/330154

Attachments

• C831DDE3-72FA-45AF-8EF8-0DAC098B821A.jpg
    C831DDE3-72FA-45AF-8EF8-0DAC098B821A.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 50
I used the armour all headlight restore kit, worked well! Came up looking like new.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

John, i have rescued a few headlights, don't bother with kits. If they're real bad 2000 grit wetndry, then 4000, then cutting polish. Then finish off with normal polish. don't be scared, it works!!!

Excellent thanks gents I shall look into it. The sandpaper trick sounds good Eric, toothpaste as well Tony how unusual but it’s abrasive so I see how it will work. Another forum suggests valve grinding paste mixed with shaving cream. I’ll try something this weekend before I get slapped with an infringement.
Cheers

Mine are worse than that... I will have to upload a pic when I get back from work. Been meaning to do something about it for a while but keep forgetting...

Latest posts

Back