Won’t turn over after blowed indicator fuse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravStarp

Reaction score
Hi,

If any one can ahead some light on what’s going on with my d22 2014 I’d be grateful.

I just bought a caravan with electric breaks (no electric break kit fitted to the Nav yet )and went to check tail lights and it blew the fuse for hazard and signal.
After that the Nav won’t start it goes to turn over but won’t fire up.
The ECU light and Glow plug lights don’t come on anymore when ignition is turned to Acc 2 and the fan motor in front of radiator turns on for no reason? Is this a cooked ECU ?. I’ve replaced all blowen fues’s and Checked every visible fuse in the cab and under the hood.
I’m completely stumped on what’s going on. Is the anynway to do a ECU reset?
Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks Trav

Fuses Blowen can be a Mystery

I am guessing, but I'll bet a bees fart to a Bulls tit, you will find much joy if you
take the time to upgrade your "Earths" from "Chassis to the "Body", as well as from the "Engine to the Body"

My old Lady, is never slow to respond to my fiddling with her "earths" at any
time and, will do most things to keep me happy where ever we might go on
our little trips together throughout the "Rural Area"!

Just take the time to loosen any earths you can find, spray a little "CRC" about
the area and loosen and tighten up the junction, to assist in breaking up any
"Rust", Spray again, and do a final tightening up before you open another "Beer"
to free up your knuckles from the Damage you collected on your "Anti-Rust Patrol"

Repeat this ASAP!

Good Luck!

highway Man!:deadhorse:

disconnect the battery for 30min and check all the fuses. in particular check the brake lights work. brakes are an ecu input.

Before you try connecting the trailer wiring plug to the vehicle again, I'd be getting both the plug and wiring loom checked. If you can do it yourself, that's fine. Make sure there are no shirt circuits anywhere and all the lights and brakes are wired up correctly.

As for your problem with the vehicle, it would pay to check the main fuses from the battery, both on the positive terminal and the fuse box under the bonnet. If someone has done a dodgy wiring job somewhere, either on your vehicle trailer plug or the plug and wiring on the caravan it may have blown one of them.

Thanks everyone for the replies as is turns out when I was checking fuses the first time round I must of put the engine control fuse back in an empty sleeve next to where it’s meant to go. I’d double checked it the RAA had checked it and I’d had a auto elec come out and check it none of us picked it up. Went over the whole car again last night and found the problem.
Now to chasing the lume throwing the trailer to find the short.
Thanks again Travis

Latest posts

Back