Class Action

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh9359

Reaction score
Anybody else been contacted by a survey group checking on support for a class action against Nissan reguarding Takata airbags?Hugh

Why single out Nissan they are all in the same boat even some European manufacturers. My letter says they will let me know when they have stock. It has already been replaced once and the replacement is also faulty.

I must admit I was pissed at Nissan as I get emails from them every month wanting me to buy another car but failed to inform me that if I have an accident the thing that supposed to save me could kill me,it was me that chased it down and got on to Nissan not the other way around,by the way they had me in within a week of my phone call.This has been known about for years in USA,yet they allowed me to drive my car for 5 years.??

This air bag replaced saga is not a fault of Nissan Motors , it is fault of the manufacturer that made the bags and not just for Nissan only as other makes of vehicles have the same issue of replacement. I also receive letters from the nissan dealer letting me know of new vehicles on the market etc but thats just the normal marketing no big deal. the only marketing i just can not cop is what you get on the telephone from overseas party,s.

I suppose at least they changed them,Ford is fighting recall on their Rangers in US,Takata has filed for bankruptcy .

You're pretty unlucky there Hugh, our 2013 D22 comes up as not affected on the airbag checklist from Nissan.

I'm not sure about other states, but I read in the paper that SA are going to start refusing rego renewal if you haven't had it done. Not sure that I agree with that approach. From what I can ascertain, some manufacturers are dragging their feet with replacement airbags?

No Hugh, they're the 2012 model made in Japan when the Thai factory was out of action because of a cyclone.

my 2014 D-22 is on the list , just the inconvenience of getting this replacement done. wonder if its for both the wheel and glove box area bags or just the steering wheel bag that needs replacing.

I'm not sure about other states, but I read in the paper that SA are going to start refusing rego renewal if you haven't had it done. Not sure that I agree with that approach. From what I can ascertain, some manufacturers are dragging their feet with replacement airbags?

Qld is doing same.

my 2014 D-22 is on the list , just the inconvenience of getting this replacement done. wonder if its for both the wheel and glove box area bags or just the steering wheel bag that needs replacing.
Probably a good thing,but couldn't tell it had been done or not when I got car back after 2 hour wait.

Had my airbags replaced on Friday , only had to waite 45 minutes and all done. actually thanks to Nissan Australia for contacting me as i was putting this replacement off due to thinking about the waite at the dealers but they mentioned it only takes an hour to do.

My 2013 d22 was up for recall ..only the passenger side to be done..nissan contacted me by email
As for the class action ..are you f%^#^$&$& kidding me typical of todays society ..sue first then look at logic..what a joke...im sure nissan ,bmw,honda,chrysler,lexus,jeep,subaru,mazda,ford,ferrari,gm,mercedes,tesla,jaguar,landrover,wv,skoda,and hino all rang takata and said give us some dodgy products for cheap and we will set ourselves up for a mass law suit ,,cos we need some variety in our lives..are these people for real no body in their right mind could even find any logic in it..this would have all came around because of a few deaths,,,of which should nt have happened in the usa

Latest posts

Back