15x8 and 33s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey all. been lurking on here for a while. will get up a members thread asap. just got to get some photos

getting new wheels and tyres. have to order them before tax time.
need help off people with actual experiance.

going from 265/75r16 goodyear wrangler muddies. on 16x8 king wheels in patrol offset(sunraiser look alikes) in black.
wanting to go to 33x12.5 15 goodyear wrangler muddies.
problem i have is it is a 3 week wait on 15x8s and i want to guarintee they will fit before ordering.

also dont want the wheels sticking right out the guards as i do around 1000kms a week, want it to look semi legal haha.

can anyone shed some light on how well they clear the front brakes.
also if i will have any dramas with these size tyres.

currently have 2.5" suspension lift.
only pics i got on my puter. sorry they arnt the best.

IMG_2963.jpg

Mates got a 1997 model that is running 15's.

But in saying that there are 3 different calipers for the D22.

Where you from, someone may have 15's lying around that you could test.

Dave.

hey all. been lurking on here for a while. will get up a members thread asap. just got to get some photos

getting new wheels and tyres. have to order them before tax time.
need help off people with actual experiance.

going from 265/75r16 goodyear wrangler muddies. on 16x8 king wheels in patrol offset(sunraiser look alikes) in black.
wanting to go to 33x12.5 15 goodyear wrangler muddies.
problem i have is it is a 3 week wait on 15x8s and i want to guarintee they will fit before ordering.

also dont want the wheels sticking right out the guards as i do around 1000kms a week, want it to look semi legal haha.

can anyone shed some light on how well they clear the front brakes.
also if i will have any dramas with these size tyres.

currently have 2.5" suspension lift.
only pics i got on my puter. sorry they arnt the best.

IMG_2963.jpg

I've got 33x12.5 on 15x8 rims on my patrol. I lined them up on the navara once and they fit no worries but yeah they don't look legal at all. Stick out the guards a good couple of inches. Joshy has been running 35 x 13.5 on his navara for sometime but has had a lot of breakages and is now upgrading to patrol running gear to handle it. See his thread for details. You might be ok with 33's but you'll need some wide flares and I would probably think about some lower gearing.

wanting to go to 33x12.5R15 problem i have is it is a 3 week wait on 15x8s and i want to guarintee they will fit before ordering.

very interesed as well.

Been looking at what offsets 15x8 come in.

So far i've found -23 (cruiser), -13 (Patrol), +0 and +6.

We need either 0 or +6 (prefered option) if they fit over the calipers.

Anyone know what other offsets are available. (local tyre guys get cruiser, thats it)

tried on a set of 15x7+6 today and the rim hit the caliper.
also tried 15x8 -23 and it cleared the caliper.

king wheels do a 15x8 0 offset for like $55 each. wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of those to see if they clear. problem is there is a 3 week wait. king wheels are out of stock.

hi steroid chickens not sure if this will help u but, i had 285/75/16s cooper stt on my d22 last night to check if they would fit. they were on standard gu patrol rims, had to remove the mudflaps for them to go lock to lock an will have to re-mould the sill alittle with a hammer:) other than that no worries didnt stick out to much either, but i have a 2inch sus lift an 2 inch body lift, pm me if u have any questions

15's are a hit and miss. i tried 4 different sets before i got the cruiser offset ones. Having said that tho i dont know wat offsets they all were. Patrol offset will stick out with anything more then a 10.5 wide tyre.. landcruiser offset with 10.5's stick out about 1.5-2inchs...

tried on a set of 15x7+6 today and the rim hit the caliper.
also tried 15x8 -23 and it cleared the caliper.

king wheels do a 15x8 0 offset for like $55 each. wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of those to see if they clear. problem is there is a 3 week wait. king wheels are out of stock.

Where does the rim hit the caliper?

Tried -13 on mine and they were fine, with plenty of room to spare (or so it thought) but stuck out a good inch or so with 12.5's

Where does the rim hit the caliper?

Tried -13 on mine and they were fine, with plenty of room to spare (or so it thought) but stuck out a good inch or so with 12.5's

the back of the wheel (inner lip) hit the top of the caliper.

i think it might be different brands have a larger internal diameter. the - 25s went over the calipers. just was hoping for something that sat in the guards a little more.

the hunt continues.

hi steroid chickens not sure if this will help u but, i had 285/75/16s cooper stt on my d22 last night to check if they would fit. they were on standard gu patrol rims, had to remove the mudflaps for them to go lock to lock an will have to re-mould the sill alittle with a hammer:) other than that no worries didnt stick out to much either, but i have a 2inch sus lift an 2 inch body lift, pm me if u have any questions

285s will be my last resort. was hoping to run 15s.
thanks for your help.

after searching for a while now. going to order 285s today.
king wheels guarintee there 15x8 0 offset wheel will not fit. sick of stuffing around with it.
went to all my local tyre places and best they could do was cruiser offset. but with the driving i do wanted to keep it looking a bit legal.

This is a pic of my truck with 15x7 cruiser offset rims and only 31x10.5 tyres.

Would stick out a bit far with decent sized tyres on.

Attachments

• 08022009(007).jpg
    08022009(007).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 190
after searching for a while now. going to order 285s today.
king wheels guarintee there 15x8 0 offset wheel will not fit. sick of stuffing around with it.
went to all my local tyre places and best they could do was cruiser offset. but with the driving i do wanted to keep it looking a bit legal.

Depends on who you talk to. Would be nice if a tyre shop had all the sizes in stock to test! Anyone know of one?

Cruiser offset sticks of the furthest....

But aren't you going 16", if so 16x8 should fit. I know they have a +20 offset TOYOTA HILUX SR5 SUNRAYISA STEEL WHEELS (BLACK) 16X8 - eBay Wheels, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Jul-09 21:24:25 AEST)

285 should be sweet anyways!

This is a pic of my truck with 15x7 cruiser offset rims and only 31x10.5 tyres.

Would stick out a bit far with decent sized tyres on.

yeah, i tried my mates 33x12.5 with 15x8 cruiser offset. was going to be a bit much. diddnt scrub all that much. just diddnt want them to stick out that far.
look awsome. although the issus has a different appinion haha.

Depends on who you talk to. Would be nice if a tyre shop had all the sizes in stock to test! Anyone know of one?

Cruiser offset sticks of the furthest....

But aren't you going 16", if so 16x8 should fit. I know they have a +20 offset TOYOTA HILUX SR5 SUNRAYISA STEEL WHEELS (BLACK) 16X8 - eBay Wheels, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Jul-09 21:24:25 AEST)

285 should be sweet anyways!

already got 16x8 black king wheels on there. but sold the wheels and tyres (had a buyer for them). now i am pulling out to use my existing wheels as i cannot find 15s.

its a pain in the ass. nobody was any help.

couldnt even track down patrol offset sunnies.(15x8-13) would have settled for them. but speedy dont do them anymore.

aah well my 285s should be on tomorrow.

will get pics up.

Latest posts

Back