what tyres people prefer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
hi all,
i would like to know what sort of tyres people have on there 4x4 as im after a set for my d22? i have a 2"lift kit, a winch and a steel bullbar from arb and i dont know what fits on there. im after a 40%road-60%mud and sand or similar. i also what the diff to raze a bit as well. but i dont want anything that will effect my fuel economy or speedo but i want them to look beefy. im confused with what to buy?
please help!!!!

cheers

Geez mate you don't want much do you! Unfortunately to get the diffs a bit higher in the air you will have to get tyres that are a bit bigger. This will decrease performance and change your speedo. Only you can say if you are happy to live with the power loss or not. A lot of people fit a chip or free flowing exhaust system to counteract the negative effect big tyres have. 265/75R16 is the most common size people upgrade to. Which is a 32" tyre compared to the stock 31" tyre (roughly). As for getting something a bit chunkier take a look at Mickey Thompson MTZ, Maxxis Bighorn, BFGoodrich M/t. Hope that helps a bit.

Have a look at the Goodyear wrangler mtz. They have super grip and are very quite on the road. They wear well as well a mate of mine had done 4 trips from cairns to canberra and countless trip to townsville and back he has done about 60 000 KMs and they still have a bit of tread on them. I put them on my nav a couple of months ago, I hope I get the same distance out of them

A mate of mine that I go wheelin with regularly has the new BFG KM2 muds and he reckons they are excellent, best tyres he's had yet so he says.

Its the Goodyear Wranglers Mts for me, Good looking, And man do they work a treat. Great on the road and off road are grippy and the tread cleans fast and easy. And i know they can be droped to 10 psi with out a drama on a d22 .
I had 35" BFG'S on my 4 runner and the Wranglers out do them in everyway IMO.

i am a massive fan of the goodyear wrangler muddes. just about to get another set. got about 80,000kms out of my last set.

Mickey T's all the way. they are an awesome tyre off road and surprisingly not to loud on road. with the 2" lift you should be able to fit a set of 31's under. thats what ive got, but be careful cos mine were scrubbing on the inside on full lock. so the 2" body lift sorted that prob out, so with the body lift also u might be able to squeeze a set of 33" under comfortably. not 100% sure thou but that helps.

Matty

what is the fuel economy like on the tyres you guys have got and do they change the speedo at all? im thinking of the mickey t's but im not convinced with them.they look good an all but i dont know if they are worth the cash after all they aren't cheep

I love my BFG AT 265/75/16s. They last ages and are great for most of what the UK throws at it considering its my work truck that gets a lot of Mud/Rock work. But I Know they are not aggressive enough for some. I had the speedo checked by a "friendly" policeman and its 100% accurate with the larger tyres

Mate as I already said the speedo will be affected if you go up in size, has nothing to do with brands if that is what you are asking? I agree the MTZ's are a bit pricey. Going up to 265/75 shouldn't make much noticeable difference with the speedo. Check it with a GPS to be sure though. Sometimes bigger tyres actually make the speedo more accurate which was the case with my patrol and also with jameslibra's navara by the sound of it.

My speedo is out by 4km's but I dont care. Bigger tyres I expect a change.

Most of my driving is night time anyway, I prefer night traffic over day traffic anyday.

Dave.

5km up want hurt but im curious to know what people are happy with coz like we all know they are not cheap and they last for ages. i know that everyone's different but what people recommend

At 100 k's road speed my 08 D22 shows 110 on the speedo, checked with GPS.

I am going up to 265/75's, a bi-product is hoping to reduce the error a bit.

Latest posts

Back