D22 Wheel Bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonk8

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the wheel bearings in the D22 require greasing? Was thinking about doing it but read the workshop manual and it does not mention it, only to adjust the pre-load. I am confused as when I use to take my D22 to the dealer, they always checked it off their service list!

Cheers

Yeah there meant to be done every 40.000km's.

I use to pay my local mechanic to do mine, dont have the time.

Dave.

yeah they need to be repacked with greese every so often,
it's a fairly easy job just need allen keys circlip remover's and a philips head screw driver and pointy nose plier's, just make sure you put everything back the way it came out cause if you put the retainer nut in backwards it will undo and your wheel will fall off.

did they check off on the list if the wheel bearing are tight or not? cause if there loose they will just tighten them not repack them,

So you don't need any special tools to do this? The manual mentions a tool for tightening them up again.

You need a tool to do it accurately, but there's a technique to doing it without the special tool, google it. Something about spinning the wheel a certain number of times in various directions. I've done it before to get the car roadworthy, worked fine.

Latest posts

Back