no limit tuning power chip ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my previous post might be confusing, when I say diesel rail I meant to say diesel pump. It's been a long day!

I have spoken to Mike who is the guru behind Diesel Smart Modules and the programming that goes into them. He is also a diesel fitter by trade and has worked on everything from Trucks right down to your daily 4x4 diesels.

Mike and others in the industry have personally seen the damage that has been caused by aggressive chips that control rail pressures(

So Toyota Racing Developments with their many billions of dollars more than all of us were wrong to make a Common Rail Chip?? I have to again point you back to that fact.

Come on. You are not trying to tell people here that right?

That's where some of the chips become truly dangerous .

"truly dangerous"?

Tony, we should remember how many hundred of thousands of chips are there now currently on vehicles in the world running perfectly fine?

If chipping were problematic you would have every forum and every 4WD mag telling people EVERYWHERE of the horror stories of how this customer had a chip and it stuffed the engine AND NOT TO FIT A CHIP!

I wonder why you never hear of such warnings?

Could it be that the scare stories that are put out there by some are just 1) not true or 2) just random occurrences that befall any motor vehicle user and is why the manufacturers offer a warranty on their products.

We all know people that have had some engine faults. If you're in the game long enough you hear of every part of the car failing.

Guys we all know mechanical parts fail. They can fail for no reason at all or more correctly no fault of the owner.

I know of a 40,000kms Hilux that dropped the injector tip. Toyota tried to say it must of been what the owner did. That car was fully stock engine wise. I know the owner and I know the car. He said to the dealer, you guys have been servicing the vehicle since new, and you know nothing was added. They agreed. After Toyota had replaced the engine he rang us up for a chip. Just so people know this story is true, owner's name is Tony and he owns an Italian Restaurant in Manly.

Forum members here would also know Nissan had many issues in an earlier engine where pistons were failing. You could service that car religiously every 5000 kms but the car could still have the issue.

And diesel smart saying that a company that MAKES chips in Australia had the issue stated .... well I can tell you 1000% that we are the ONLY company in Asutralia making chips our own chips AND 1000% we have NEVER had a guy ring saying his Patrol has failed. That's a fact. So isn't it funny that THEY know about this and point the bone at us and we never had any customer call with this issue. Just more scare mongering.

To Dieselsmart listen to this vid and tell me how increasing rail pressure will stuff an injector.

Common Rail Injectors

listen at time 1:50, 2:35 and 3:13.

Increasing pressures do no limit the injector opening resistance. in fact the opposite is true.

Last edited:
I took off my NO LIMIT CHIP - as in honesty how can I trust a $150 to mess about with my $10k or so engine (iif it below up)

It hasnt run smootly since install - so now have a CHIP IT - ROb gave me great service & advice. And just the amount of inputs that need to be connected put it in a different realm to the NO LIMIT chip.

Will be on the Dyno in about a week to check it out once set. Then I could trust it. Also has EGT gauge.

I have my NO LIMIT Chip for sale for anyone who wants it ?

I personally think that any body who puts a cheap chip on there car is mad, these cars are our pride and joy. I understand finances are an issue but saving for an extra couple of weeks to get a quality chip in the long run not only gives you that peace of mind that your engine is some what more protected from damage but you also have the customer support that you don't get with the over seas chips. Not to mention bragging rights at the pub.

I'm not interested in chips or who wins the in thread arguments but I agree with the above comment on the idea of being protected.

If I was buying I'd be asking what kind of warranty the seller is going to give me, not just the standard "12 months RTB warranty" I'd be seeking assurance that the chip manufacturer will cover anything the manufacturer wont if related to the chip.

The standard line about how new car warranties wont be effected is all good and well if your wheels fall off but what if the engine blows or something that may be directly chip related, is the company going to back the customer or are they going to take the same stance as Nissan and leave the customer fighting both sides of the fight.

Any company or person you have work on your car should be covered by some sort of insurance from the guy who changes your tyres to the guy who services the engine.

It may seem like overkill but even if you trust the guy fully if there is no insurance and that work does cause problems your chances of seeking damages or even just repairs could be extremely low.

For any respectable company who wants your money to work on or modify your pride and joy it shouldn't be too much to ask that they protect themselves a little bit by paying insurance premiums to cover themselves, chances are you're already paying a premium price you should get something for that price.

In saying that I haven't looked into the main players on this forum and whether they are offering some sort of insurance or just pointless disclaimers and I'm not trying to convince anyone which suppliers to go with but asking one simple question of any one of them may well save you money in the long run.

These cheap no limits chip claim to have a full worldwide insurance policy and spruke it to be an excellent policy where any problem will be covered they have been doing chips for many years even before crd. that said you wouldnt know how good it was till the crap hit the fan and you had major problems.
Ive never read of anyone having engine failure or any real problems with one of these chips i know a few blokes with them in different vechiles and they all love them.
Why does something have to be dear to be good???
It is a simple electrical circuit that sends a voltage signal it shouldnt cost $1400 for $10 worth of wire clips and diodes really..should it
that said there are a lot of dearer ones out there that control alot more components and offer better performance gains its understandable that there dearer if they are a much more advanced unit controlling egts etc. but for a simple resistants circuit that sends a voltage to make ecu add more rail pressure i cant see why it would be worth more than a few hundred dollars

Agreed ... and we have and we do.

Of course we are not going to just throw money around if some one says the shit hit the fan. We will need an independent report from an engineer which states that the chip caused the failure.

But that's just common sense as you know.

BTW, we have never had a claim for an engine fail etc

These cheap no limits chip claim to have a full worldwide insurance policy and spruke it to be an excellent policy where any problem will be covered they have been doing chips for many years even before crd. that said you wouldnt know how good it was till the crap hit the fan and you had major problems.
Ive never read of anyone having engine failure or any real problems with one of these chips i know a few blokes with them in different vechiles and they all love them.
Why does something have to be dear to be good???
It is a simple electrical circuit that sends a voltage signal it shouldnt cost $1400 for $10 worth of wire clips and diodes really..should it
that said there are a lot of dearer ones out there that control alot more components and offer better performance gains its understandable that there dearer if they are a much more advanced unit controlling egts etc. but for a simple resistants circuit that sends a voltage to make ecu add more rail pressure i cant see why it would be worth more than a few hundred dollars

I totally agree. Intrinsic value should be around $30 for a case, $5 for the resistor, $60 for a simple harness and say 100% profit and yep ... that's what you get.

Just bought a no limit chip,

Installed it, went for a 10minuite drive, could notice the power, but after 10 mins car went into limp mode. I played around with all the settings and no matter what i tried i couldnt get out of limp mode. I could only get out of limp mode by disconnecting the chip.

I will be sending it back today for a refund.

Just bought a no limit chip,

Installed it, went for a 10minuite drive, could notice the power, but after 10 mins car went into limp mode. I played around with all the settings and no matter what i tried i couldnt get out of limp mode. I could only get out of limp mode by disconnecting the chip.

I will be sending it back today for a refund.

Sounds like tune 12 to me. It is too high. Been there.
If you try 10 you should be happy.

at least yours turned up i ordered mine 2 months ago and still havent seen it wont return emails or any messages so iam going through dispute process right now but prob wont get my money back. be ringing " CHIPIT " as soon as i get my tax cheque. to who ever reads this do not buy one. the age ol saying you pay for qaulity.....

i bought one off a member of the form and hooked it up today.
Started at tune 10, which was ok but thought i would try 12 and see if it through a code or went into limp mode.
Well after about 80km in four trips, so far so good.

No something is deffently broken cannot even run it on tune 1.

You may be right. It may be a dud. The tune will not change though unless you remove it from the power source each time you change it. As if you are doing a reset.....
Hope you get it sorted. I bought mine 2nd hand and still the no-limit tech answered my emails each time overnight.

maybe i should not have sent them abusive messages after not hearing from them in 4 weeks. lol

i have had one for over a year and they have always been helpfull with me not that i have had any real problems with mine

Latest posts

Back