recent chip comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

I stumbled along this tread while looking for info on the CR Power Box. It was installed in My 08 Diesel D40 Nav manual when I bought it second hand. I was wondering If i should take it out or not. Economy now is around 9-10km/litre. The car is still under warranty but Nissan never commented on it when they saw it.

Does anyone know if they are likely to cause damage to the engine? surely they would have to.
If I take it out will it affect fuel economy?
The car goes like the clappers if I want it to, but I worry I will lose alot of power taking it out. It is only would up a little way (adjustment on the side).

Just after peoples thoughts

Thanks

The CR powerbox increases fuel rail pressure. It cant really damage the engine, but it will add strain to the fuel pump. time will only tell if that will cause premature failure. Every engine is different only way to know how much extra power it is providing is to unplug it. less than 5min job.

If you take it out you will be surprised how "slow" the truck is. If it is tuned properly then leave it in.

Problem is, most (nearly all) chips these days are tuned overseas.

Even the ones with aussie names and those in the market a long time are all made and tuned OS.

In fact I do not know of anyone else that is not made OS.

Last edited:
hey guys just wondering on your thoughts of the new 4wd action magazine with the chip comparo as im looking at fitting one to my 08 d40, have you guys got any suggestions or experience with these brands, rapid, roo,more power, tunit and steinbauer? any feed back would be great

thanks phil

BTW, has anyone read 4WD Action mag (edition 159) where they tested our chip ? :)

Thanks for you help
I think I will leave it where it is, probably best. Hope it wont cause any problems for the car. I probably wont extend the warranty though as it may be void with the chip.

BTW, has anyone read 4WD Action mag (edition 159) where they tested our chip ? :)

reading it now, Have yet to reach that part in the Mag

The CR powerbox are crap. I have had two sh..t themselves on the D22 CRD. Both went the same way and were both 2 years old when they went fizzz.

I fitted a Chipit to the CRD patrol as I stole the CR powerbox off it to replace the first one that went on the D22. I will be fitting a Chipit to the D22 also when finances allow it.

I did not pay for mine, it was on the car when I bought it.

It certainly wouldn't be my first choice of chip from what I have seen of it's info vs other chips. If it dies then it may be replaced with another chip if I notice a difference in acceleration.

Thanks for all the resposes

As someone who has previously been quoted saying "You probably have to advertise in the mag to be included in the comparison" (or words to that effect) does the inclusion in the chip review infer some form of payments were made to a mag to get your chip included or do they now include people who don't advertise with them in their articles?

As someone who has previously been quoted saying "You probably have to advertise in the mag to be included in the comparison" (or words to that effect) does the inclusion in the chip review infer some form of payments were made to a mag to get your chip included or do they now include people who don't advertise with them in their articles?

Hi Krafty. Yes ... payments WERE made. As mentioned, you need to advertise with them. Those adverts cost thousands of dollars ... I kid you not.

So, you dont pay for the brag ... you pay to give them the priveldge to do a review. And yes it is unbiased AFTER you get admitted to the club :)

in fact, they didn't want any extra mods on the car when they did the test. I had to disconnect things that made the car non stock (other than the Chip) so in fairness to the tester, he did the right thing.

The CR powerbox are crap. I have had two sh..t themselves on the D22 CRD. Both went the same way and were both 2 years old when they went fizzz.

I fitted a Chipit to the CRD patrol as I stole the CR powerbox off it to replace the first one that went on the D22. I will be fitting a Chipit to the D22 also when finances allow it.

Thanks Brad for the positive words. Love it when people take the time to let us know that they're happy for the product.

Let me know directly when your ready for the next Chip

Cheers

I have ordered a chipit and Pyrometer for the Pootrol. I'll let you guys know the results.

Robert do use do a chip for the ZD30DDTI non CRD ?

Going by the Pyro intergrated bit yours is the chip I would go.

Robert do use do a chip for the ZD30DDTI non CRD ?

Going by the Pyro intergrated bit yours is the chip I would go.

We have not focused on pre commonrail chips to be honest however there will be one available in about a month if all materials (incl cases etc) make it to production line in time.

Please contact the 1800 number around the middle of March Dave.

cheers

Fitted the Chipit on the weekend, all I can say is WOW. Pull Jesus of the cross, the increase in low and mid range torque blows me away. Can't wait to get it on the Dyno to see the power increase.

Fitted the Chipit on the weekend, all I can say is WOW. Pull Jesus of the cross, the increase in low and mid range torque blows me away. Can't wait to get it on the Dyno to see the power increase.

Agreed their Chip is amazing. Give some thought to contacting Justin and getting some customised tunes emailed to you. Its amazing what he can do!

We have not focused on pre commonrail chips to be honest however there will be one available in about a month if all materials (incl cases etc) make it to production line in time.

Please contact the 1800 number around the middle of March Dave.

cheers

Ok cool.

Ill keep it in mind.

Back