recent chip comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I am interested in this addition... Gotta fix the power steering leak 1st.

I posted on this thread yesterday, a number of times and suddenly nothing there, I also posted new thread that seems to have completely disappeared - des this happen often?

Hi guys, I haven't read through this whole thread so forgive me if this has already been covered. Has anyone had any experience with the RACECHIP Pro chips from Germany? With the Aussie dollar at the current rate they are about $340 delivered. Claimed power and torque for the STX-550 is 219kw and 599nm.
Cheers - Jase.

The posts were probably aimed more at promoting your product than actual usefull info towards the topic mate (not to be harsh)

I like what you do (as I am a reflasher also) but the topics are made to discuss certain things, this one being 'Chip's'.

I would recommend a new thread in the general tech with info on reflashing from you though.

And if you wouldnt mind, I have written a very large article regarding 'Diesel Chip Tuning' I have yet to make a subsection regarding reflashing because so few people do it. If you want to contact me regarding this I am more than happy to update it with your info (the thread is on many forums at the moment).

Sure would appreciate an update, if you could send as a private message then that would be perfect

The reflashing - just to be clear it's not overriding current files but editing them. Many talk about reflashing but it some crap file they have found on internet. Proper tning should be reverseable and be able to be edited

Hi guys, I haven't read through this whole thread so forgive me if this has already been covered. Has anyone had any experience with the RACECHIP Pro chips from Germany? With the Aussie dollar at the current rate they are about $340 delivered. Claimed power and torque for the STX-550 is 219kw and 599nm.
Cheers - Jase.

Jase, I am not a fan of chips period so probably the wrong person to ask, you get what you pay for in the end. Whatever the chip or company I recommend the following. Google the name of the product ( and/or company ) followed by problems or issues or faulty etc find out what chances you are taking.

Some people love them and are very happy. At best i believe they fall short on delivering the maximum SAFE performance at worst ...... well google.

Two good acid tests, money back guarantee, less than 30days a joke and do they warrant your engine for damage caused.

Hope this helps

If you cant tune the particular vehicle live on the dyno and record the results and adjust as necessary, I dont believe reflashing should be used at all. Changes to the pre/post injection make such a huge difference to the engine knock level,

its impossible to determine how each car will respond to it.

Timing is also impossible to adjust correctly unless your recording minimum best torque values for that particular setup.

my feelings exact a cally

Northside agree factory files are worse than tuning boxes but not sure our blanket comment on Vieuz files is correct. We used Vieuz a while back, directly and they were a good company, every file was customised, we changed supplier for different reasons.

However there are some, like it sounds you have up there that build up a library of files using Vieuz then run around supplying that technology to the market. I have a guy running around here at the moment doing exactly that, so far we have fixed two of his stuff ups. He charges less than I pay for files but they come they go.

End of day people will spend many thousands of dollars on things they can see but will look to save a few hundred dollars on the technology to run it. - this allows the cowboys to thrive. Guess it is hard to polish a program

Have "googled" you company you certainly get great reviews - happy tuning

Latest posts

Back