d40 Race car Hilux killer!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Hey all just thought I would post up about a dyno graph of my truck we did tonight.

Now, I am going to put the disclaimer on this very early and say there is no way we are going to sell a tune running this rich so don't expect to get this much power without serious risk of engine failure. (And ya wont get it from us! lol) We have been toying with some new chips and eventually we should be able to tune for very good power while keeping things safe. We just plugged this one in to see where they were at without tuning.
We also upped the boost to 25psi to burn some of the fuel.

I won't even tell ya how rich the fuel ratio was suffice to say it was a bit scary! Not much worse than a steinbauer though really.

Remember too that this is running 265/75 all terrains! Original power is still quite good as it has the intercooler upgrade and exhaust already.

Holy shit did it go. I absolutely cooked my brakes trying to pull it up in a hurry and it was fun doing power slides around corners! It is very fast.

Anyway I have just realised I have left the memory stick adapter at work so I will have to scan it tomorrow.

Power ended up at just over 137kw and over 6000newtons!!!!! Yep that is 184 HP at the treads on 265/75 tyres!! Will post pic of graph soon

pic of dyno graph

Attachments

• brians nav.JPG
    brians nav.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 260
Shit thats some serious power, whats the most use have pulled out of D22 ZD30 and YD25 ?

Dave.

isn't the new YD25 going to be pushing 130kw+ ??

if its running a bit rich just up the air ;)

I have upped the air about as much as you could do! 25psi boost and top quality intercooler and mandrel bent exhaust. Might have to look into NOZ but hey!?

fuel ratios with this power are just too rich for my liking but I know other shops and owners would be running similar.

EGT gauge hit 600c without too much drama and fuel ratios where in the 13 to 1 range!!!

As I said fun but I don't think safe for too long. BTW we only ran a bleed on the boost sensor so not ideal way of gaining boost as it wont come in any lower and we are not actually changing boost curve just tricking to get more peak boost.

Just for comparison 99 percent of stock d40's with STANDARD TYRES are coming in between 90 and 105 kw at the wheels on this dyno.

Mine makes 108 (std boost) with 265/75's so this power with the big tyres is huge.
A chipped hilux is lucky to make 110 with there baby little tyres!ha ha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back