D40 power loss - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

450exc

Reaction score
Guys My R51 has a problem with low power, it drives fairly normal at low load but when you try to accelerate the engine is just flat; it wouldn't go up hills or accelerate on the freeway....
anyway checked: codes- none, warning lamp- no, vacuum hoses- OK, vacuum- about 29, map reading on scan tool- max=130, rail pressure- idle =approx. 4500, max=19500, also cleaned out pressure sensor on intercooler, new fuel filter fitted....
any ideas guys? meantime ill keep looking....

19500 sounds low for 4500rpm. Mine was 29K around that mark from memory.

130kpa seems low.. 100KPA is what an NA Engine pulls (1 atmosphere). so you are only pulling 30KPA about that, or 4psi... 240 KPA is around 20psi of BOOST - which is around the mark the D40's go (18-23psi max).

I'd be looking for a boost vacuum hose leak (replace them all if old - or in doubt) or faulty Boost Control Solenoid.

yeah thanks guys, hey on that boost control solenoid- whats its function? is it actually needed?

Absolutely. The vacuum line presents a certain amount of vacuum to it, enough to fully manipulate the vanes in the turbocharger. The solenoid opens and closes the valve to restrict how much vacuum pulls on the actuator, allowing the variable control of the turbocharger.

Back