Turbo upgrade time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will run a lot cooler at slower speeds. And if you can get it efficient enough it should keep temps at ambient most of the time.

Im almost heading the other way.im chasing power while on the go..pretty happy with its 4x4 ability..and i really dont get to do to much of that these days.its more a general driver/tow vehicle nowdays..hopefully i can get it so i can detune it (fuel,boost and alcohol) with a flick of a few switches.this way i can have all parts ive added (cooler,exhaust and turbo) basically helping the engine just with the fueling/boost turned down to suit towing and 4x4...
Well thats my thoughts..200 rwkw is the goal...with very basic tuning..(chipit on tune 5 and dte on map 1 settng 4)i need to get the egt's under control before i go further

Im almost heading the other way.im chasing power while on the go..pretty happy with its 4x4 ability..and i really dont get to do to much of that these days.its more a general driver/tow vehicle nowdays..hopefully i can get it so i can detune it (fuel,boost and alcohol) with a flick of a few switches.this way i can have all parts ive added (cooler,exhaust and turbo) basically helping the engine just with the fueling/boost turned down to suit towing and 4x4... Well thats my thoughts..200 rwkw is the goal...with very basic tuning..(chipit on tune 5 and dte on map 1 settng 4)i need to get the egt's under control before i go further

What boost are you at. More boost helps the EGTs a lot.

The little forefront turbs wants to push really high 20s..actually close to 30.but speaking to jamie (forefront industries) he cannot garauntee anything over 20..so its a risk.but im letting it go to that for power testing runs but i think its heating the air at those pressures.as im not seeing much egt control.im having surging problems keeping it to 22-24..getting a big pressure bounce .she just wants to pump!

So you are running a forefront turbo. Are they good for 30 psi or is that asking to much. I am only running 19 at the moment on a stock turbo. Getting a funny vibration in 3rd gear at full boost. I'm not sure what it is yet.

Forefront is a excellent faster spooling replacement..not sure on its lifespan at high 20s..
Dont think jamie would reccomend it.
I cooked my original garrett with high pressures..it started with what sounded like a vib/boost leak around 3500rpm..all gears tho.actually its not cooked.its just noisey.upon teardown i cannot see any problems with it.possibly just needs a quick rebuild as there are no marks anywhere and the bushes actually look quite good.

So you are running a forefront turbo. Are they good for 30 psi or is that asking to much. I am only running 19 at the moment on a stock turbo. Getting a funny vibration in 3rd gear at full boost. I'm not sure what it is yet.
19psi is good for the little Hitachi Brad, the vibration you mention is gear clatter due to the increase of torque. Mine is worse in 4th.
HJ

Thanks John. Is it anything to worry about. And will the turbo handle that boost for the long term. Cheers

Thanks John. Is it anything to worry about. And will the turbo handle that boost for the long term. Cheers
Mate just saw this before I logged out. The biggest killer is pulling too long in a tall gear particularly with the van. You have a good setup and the Beau will keep her running cool. I looked at a turbo from the states but I have more than enough grunt, reliability is more important to me sure you agree.
HJ

F55v turbo is the on the wish list now...vnt capable of 45psi.available out of malaysia

Hi how are you I actually don't own a d40 but I am always willing to help I actually own a Jeep 2..8 L CRD same as Colorado engine

That is how I found this thread I am currently in the process of upgrading my turbo earlier in this thread you were talking about the issues that people were having with the Mercedes GTB 2260 VKlR and smaller GTB2060VKLR how they use a unique housing design on the ball bearing units however there is a company that now can convert your traditional housings to except the ball bearing unit the housing needs to be machined and a special adapter ring to keep the vklr unit in place

Standard turbo on my jeep is a GTB1756vk I am going to be sending it off to Germany to get it machine and it will be coming back as a ball bearing GTB2060vklr 300hp capable Turbo

Also you can get hybridGTB 2566VKLR

Thank you
Mitchell

I think ive found similar guys in the euro area.for me i stuck on the f55v.seen some good results with them.
I never found much info on the gtb2566vklr..got any links?

I think ive found similar guys in the euro area.for me i stuck on the f55v.seen some good results with them.
I never found much info on the gtb2566vklr..got any links?

Hi how are you the F 55 is a great turbo no doubt about that it can do 350hp And they are great value for money I've always wondered what you could do with one if you took it to billet turbochargers and got them to do their famous silicon nitrate ballbearings cartridge that would be nice:shotgun:

TheGTB2566vklr will come on boost earlier however probably will make a little less power

The company that does it is ask them about it
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back