duplex timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4 naving

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone had noticed before but I was just looking at the electronic manual to see what was involved with changing the timing chain and it seems the yd25, should have had a duplex chain .

The diagrams in the manual all show a duplex chain. VERY INTERESTING.

Some where along the way Nissan designers have changed the design to simplex chain. Why is anybody's guess but it was obviously going to have one originally...

:deadhorse2:

You'd almost think that might put nissan in a compromising position re warranty.

Yes.
That did cross my mind. But i'm sure there is some small print some where covering there ass... But after the service I have received in the past from Nissan, I wouldn't let them near my car with a sponge let alone spanners...

Yep, but if I'd just lunched a motor cause of the timing chain I'd try it.

The diagram may show a duplex chain, but they will say the diagram is descriptive only and does not accurately portray the specification of the parts. It is, after all, only a service manual. It's supposed to show processes, not be a reference for the specs of parts.

If the PARTS manual listed something like "Timing chain, Lower, Duplex" then that would be a different story.

talk to paul he is very helpful 0424034935 he has a web site to http://www.yd25.com.au/ he is a good fella to talk to i did mine with his help any thing i got stuck on he explained it to me on the phone

I'm not sure if anyone had noticed before but I was just looking at the electronic manual to see what was involved with changing the timing chain and it seems the yd25, should have had a duplex chain .

The diagrams in the manual all show a duplex chain. VERY INTERESTING.

Some where along the way Nissan designers have changed the design to simplex chain. Why is anybody's guess but it was obviously going to have one originally...

:deadhorse2:

Back