Disconnecting oil press sender

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
Will disconnecting my factory oil pressure warning sender and adding an aftermarket sender for a gauge cause the warning light to remain on permenantly?
To cut a long story short its too complicated and costly to have both so I've opted to just use the new one.

I have one. When I screwed the brass T on and put the original on the end I had stuff all room to screw the new one on the side. It's quite bulky...

I went to a hose joint tonight and they were going to charge $70+ for a braided flexible extender to bring everything away from the engine. Problem is the T block is 1/8 BSP and new sender is 1/8 NPT so I can't even screw the new sender directly into the engine. I'd really like to know how others have done theirs.

Well job done... I got a block off bung to fit in the side of the brass T and re-tapped the end of the block to 1/8 NPT and screwed in the gauge sender. Ran the engine, no leaks and no warning light came up on dash.

Not yet, think I have to go back to autobarn as the boost gauge is making noise when it comes on boost. I had a look tonight and I noticed that the hose is kinked at the back of the gauge. It was supplied with a 90 deg barb for back of gauge but its kinking cause the gauge holder has the wire entry at the back which is causing stress on the hose. Do you think the kink is causing the noise somehow?

The kink could have split the hose, so you'd be hearing high-pressure air leaking from it.

In terms of volume you won't be losing a lot of boost. It'll just be annoying hearing the mouse farting every time you hit the throttle.

Yeah sounds about right. I'm gonna try source another line. Maybe something a little more flexible.

Latest posts

Back