STX 550 EGR Mod for V9X engine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewe2108

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

does anyone know anybody that has done the EGR blanking plate on the V6TD engine from the new 550 or new STX D40's??

Any help would be much appreciated,

cheers Matt

I heard on the new D40's and 550 you can't do that mod or else it goes into limp mode. Might work if you drill a small hole in the middle of the plate to keep the sensor happy.

Hi Guys,

I would like to let use know that a EGR blanking plate I made for my car has been in there for 2 days now and iv done about 600Km to work and no engine lights or faults. Running sweet as and gained a shit load of low down grunt and torque.

Regards Matt

Hi Guys,

I would like to let use know that a EGR blanking plate I made for my car has been in there for 2 days now and iv done about 600Km to work and no engine lights or faults. Running sweet as and gained a shit load of low down grunt and torque.

Regards Matt

Interesting. Are you able to post some pictures ?

Interesting. Are you able to post some pictures ?

Ill be able to post some pics tomorow after I finish work, its very easy. The only thing I done was, Right in the middle of the V in the engine block you will see the EGR valve. Coming off the valve to the front intake pipe is about a 1" diameter steel pipe and its about 3" long has 2 diamond shape flanges on either end. I just removed the pipe and traced onto a bit of 3mm stainless the diamond flange and blanked the end closest to the intake, so the computer still thinks the valve is operating fine and didnt disconnect any other hoses or lines.

regards Matt

The v6 is the only option in he stx :)

I've been having the same issue on eBay.

Sellers advertise things for stx 2012 but they don't fit the v6

Hi Guys,

Regards Matt

Sweet, keep us posted, I'll do one in the next week or so too

Ill be able to post some pics tomorow after I finish work, its very easy. The only thing I done was, Right in the middle of the V in the engine block you will see the EGR valve. Coming off the valve to the front intake pipe is about a 1" diameter steel pipe and its about 3" long has 2 diamond shape flanges on either end. I just removed the pipe and traced onto a bit of 3mm stainless the diamond flange and blanked the end closest to the intake, so the computer still thinks the valve is operating fine and didnt disconnect any other hoses or lines.

regards Matt

Thanks for the info. I was planning to do this in February once I was back in Oz, good to hear that it works OK.

Cheers

Not sure about the 550's but on the YD25's it's a small silver pipe that runs from the manifold across the front of the block in between the block and radiator. I just put mine in the middle of the pipe. Took about 10 minutes all up

off topic, but jase v9x is your 550 the donor vehicle that ARB used for their stx R&D?

Is this the pipe with the ribbed concertina section in it? If so - very easy!

yea mate u will see it come from the EGR valve in the middle of the engine, and a small 1" pipe comes towards the front of the engine into the intake and yes it is the one with the ribbed bits on it, just pull it off and trace out the gasket to make a stainless blanking plate. easy done.. will get some photos up soon.

Latest posts

Back