Intercooler Hard Pipe Upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will make every type of pipe out there, as long as there is at least some demand on the forum to purchase them.

Ill start with the early D40, then the late D40, then the STX550. Or in which ever order members bring me their cars lol.

I will be eliminating as much of the rubber hose as possible, but im not going to promise that i will 100% remake it from the turbo to the cooler unless its necessary.

I will use Hump hose to give the flex necessary between engine and body as I dont believe straight silicone joiners give enough movement to stop them being pulled off under acceleration.

One full day will be fine. Give me a call at the shop monday morning and ill see what day is going to be best.

Yes northside of brissy at caboolture.

07 5495 6511
Address is
52 Beerburrum Rd, Caboolture 4510.

If you need we may have a loan vehicle available on the day or be able to run you up to the train station.

Replaced the hot side pipe with the plazmaman pipe yesterday.

Admittedly tis with an uncalibrated arse but ... not feeling any noticeable difference or hearing more turbo whistle as was indicated.

No real drama ... it was cheap enough to try & looks shiny.

Replaced yesterday the old with the new intercooler hard pipe, thanks to Dave-D40 selling his, due to upgrading to this year’s 2013 model.

Noticed the difference in throttle response straight away.

I replaced mine with a Plazmaman item. I can definantly feel a difference down low. I think is was worth it.

Running a smaller core is definately not worth it.

Of all the intercoolers I sold over the years 95% of all the customers said the same thing.
Didnt notice much difference in power or economy, but the throttle response gain was fantastic.

So the hard pipe is probably the solution to 95% of people out there. The other 5% running more boost and chasing significantly more power will benefit from a larger intercooler.

We only made the 2010+ jig on friday just gone.

A few people have had trouble making it in on time which has set us back a bit for production of all the various pipes.

Mate ill be in Brisbane Monday if this helps you can use my nav I got a 2012 d40 auto and having seriousness probs with my chip,revving out and not not changing up a gear like it should I will try anything to solve the problem, if you have sorted one already I will buy one of you guys.

Latest posts

Back