Intercooler Hard Pipe Upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
has any one put hard intercooler pipes in to replace the soft rubber ones on a D40 ?? especially on the hot side. i had the missus give it a boot full just free revving and the amount that hot hose expanded was incredible!!! surely boost responce would sharpen up with solid pipes??

Boost response will definitely improve, the ballooning will add to the lag. Hard pipes are on my to-do list, but you have to leave some room for the engine to move.

They thought they'd solved it on the 550 by wrapping a few turns of some old coathangers around the pipes. Didn't work as well as they'd hoped!

Tony they have done the same thing on my new 2.5 not sure what diff it's made.
Just thought I would keep you up to date. Haha

Hey mate sounds like a good idea and a great shed project!! I remember a guy did an intercooler and piping upgrade in a thread called D40 intercooler up grade (cant get a link to work), might be worth a read for you.
Cheers Glenn

Last edited:
leave it with me guys, ill do it in the chrissy break an ill give you all some progress and results

Have done both my cold and hot side , can't say it reduced the lag any
Cos I installed a larger cooler at the same time 450 x 300 x 100 ebay special
The thing that reduced the lag most in mine was to remove the cat and change
Muffler and modify airbox (removed intake muffler and made larger intake pipe
To it ) .The factory coolers are rubbish mine used to be the same temp across
The core after a few hits,now 3/4 of the new one stays cool ,done wonders for power
on warmer days .

Forgot to mention egr plate also made big difference ,
All these mods reduced my lag from around
2200 rpm to 1400 rpm on 2007 d40 well worth the
Cost of mods

look up performance mods d40 he did most of this this year oh and there is a kit im pretty sure now for the cold side atleast.

I can make a hard pipe kit if someone can lend me their car for a few days?

Will then put it in full production at a very competitive price. I can make it to suit stock and upgraded intercoolers also.

PM me if you are keen. The trial car will get it for free.

Gotta love that cheap ass ebay stuff that never fits, breaks after one use and rusts after 31 days (when their return policy ends lol)

I don't have alot of time for people that decide to buy cheap shit from Asia when there is an Aussie equivalent available.

Get out there and support your local community instead of buying shit from overseas! No wonder the world is in a GFC. Nobody understands how an economy works.

Will then put it in full production at a very competitive price. I can make it to suit stock and upgraded intercoolers also.

Good luck with this, bit far for me to travel but
I'm interested if and when your ready

ill put my car up for this when and where

this one is off ebay and its made in Aus, its also ally so no rust and lifetime warranty,
i dont know about the price, is it cheap?? or can it be done cheaper??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PLAZMAMA..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item257eeec19e&_uhb=1

Here is a full intercooler upgrade kit off ebay, it also manufactured in AUS, so it looks like not all of the ebay stuff is crap and imported.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UPGRADE-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d5823252&_uhb=1

---------------------------

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back