Another D40 timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

so for that kit, its $645 plus 20% vat which is 774 pound
Going by xe.com that makes $1214.00 australian

then you have freight on top of that, its starting to get close to yd25.com and your supporting aussies business

when i spoke to billcar before yd25 came on the seen i tried to get out of paying vat tax because im not a pom but there was no way i could do it unless i had a vat exemption number, unless he's changed his mind and starting dropping the vat for aussies its not much cheaper

so for that kit, its $645 plus 20% vat which is 774 pound
Going by xe.com that makes $1214.00 australian

then you have freight on top of that, its starting to get close to yd25.com and your supporting aussies business

when i spoke to billcar before yd25 came on the seen i tried to get out of paying vat tax because im not a pom but there was no way i could do it unless i had a vat exemption number, unless he's changed his mind and starting dropping the vat for aussies its not much cheaper

No VAT if you ship to someone with an ABN is what Billcar told me. The price included shipping as it was a quote from them direct not through ebay so they save on seller fees etc. The ebay link was to illustrate what was included in the kit.

I didn't buy it in the end as Nissan came through with the claim.

I also spoke to the bloke at yd25.com and he provides instructions and over the phone back up with his kit if needed. So if it's peace of mind you're after over saving some cash, then he's probably the bloke to deal with.

No VAT if you ship to someone with an ABN is what Billcar told me. The price included shipping as it was a quote from them direct not through ebay so they save on seller fees etc. The ebay link was to illustrate what was included in the kit.

I didn't buy it in the end as Nissan came through with the claim.

I also spoke to the bloke at yd25.com and he provides instructions and over the phone back up with his kit if needed. So if it's peace of mind you're after over saving some cash, then he's probably the bloke to deal with.

well he never told me that about the abn, i could get it sent to work!!

hi nathand22 i got my figures form paul in au where it is a bolt on kit where if u buy the bill car kit u have to get another vac pump which costs more$$$ and if u dont get another vac pump u will have to send your vac pump away and u wont have a car for a few weeks why ur vac pump gets it up grade so i bought his at $1750 so the yd 25 fella (paul) goes pretty good for his price so Billcar duplex timing chain upgrade kit plus all the extra stuff they u will have to do and have u car off the road for a few weeks .

Now that sounds better, I dont know where the other member "Damo d40" got his figures from then.

Ah OK thanks for clearing that up Damo it was starting to get a little confusing with all the different prices being quoted.

Now that You have told me the exact cost of $1750 i will stick with my original thoughts and that is to just replace it with the standard chain for $400 off ebay, and at that price i would be able to replace them every 80k to 90k, which will mean even if i have the ute long enough to have to do it twice i will still be $950 better off.

Like i said earlier i think the double row kit is an awesome kit but i just dont think i could spend $1750 on a kit then sell the car 100k later, if i was planning on keeping the ute forever or for more the 500k then yes i would do it.

with pauls kit u get
Secondary timing chain parts

1 duplex chain, 1 tensioner, 1 slack guide,

1 outer guide, 1 inner guide.

Primary timing chain parts

1 duplex chain, 1 crank sprocket,

1 fuel pump sprocket, 1 vac pump sprocket & nut,

1 tensioner, 1 short guide, 1 medium guide,

2 long outer guides, 2 slack guides . there is a few parts in there not just chains the other thing is service and fast delivery

Ah OK thanks for clearing that up Damo it was starting to get a little confusing with all the different prices being quoted.

Now that You have told me the exact cost of $1750 i will stick with my original thoughts and that is to just replace it with the standard chain for $400 off ebay, and at that price i would be able to replace them every 80k to 90k, which will mean even if i have the ute long enough to have to do it twice i will still be $950 better off.

Like i said earlier i think the double row kit is an awesome kit but i just dont think i could spend $1750 on a kit then sell the car 100k later, if i was planning on keeping the ute forever or for more the 500k then yes i would do it.

for the amount of navaras on the road this is the first i've heard of timing chain issues. i dare say you'd have to be pretty unlucky. i agree with nathand22, will just treat it as a normal timing belt replacement every 90-100k like you would do with any other car, more cost effective.

I agree Eug definately unlucky however since an injector fix & timing chain the Nav has never run better. Fuel ecnomy improved & driveablity improved. Makes me wonder how long it had been crook.

I agree Eug definately unlucky however since an injector fix & timing chain the Nav has never run better. Fuel ecnomy improved & driveablity improved. Makes me wonder how long it had been crook.

hi mate how did they find the crook injector was it just noisey or did it throw a code. cheers

Noisy and crap running under load. Smoky as too. Been like it for a while but you drive around these things. Easy when pointed out I guess. Still naily when cold but smokeless and heaps more grunt.

How would one know the quality of anything they buy and that includes the Nissan kit?

The Nissan kit may well have been through a lot of testing but the fact that people are finding a need to replace them could indicate they are a punt just as much as the dual kit and just as much as the ebay kit. All one can really do is read and see which story they think is the most convincing.

So the million dollar question is: Who here would buy an ebay kit Vs Nissan Vs the double row one?

I need to get Nissan to have a listen to mine and are not sure which way I would go if my chain is on it's way out. In the next year or two I would like a 7 seater Patrol.

Gimmie the million and I'll make a definitive decision :big_smile:

Price probably has to come into the decision but it can't be all the decision. The problem I see is that two of the options while they might have websites and a few customers praising them they are still relatively untested for the long term. There might well be people replacing the Nissan kit but going by sheer numbers worldwide it would have to be said that Nissan's kit has by far withstood the test of time and the number of faults has been relatively small.

Hows that? Can I have a million dollars?

Latest posts

Back