Another D40 timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me nervous as my 07 D40 has done 126k and theres no way I want to spend that sort of money on it.
Time to sell I wonder

Makes me nervous as my 07 D40 has done 126k and theres no way I want to spend that sort of money on it.
Time to sell I wonder

you can pick up a whole timing kit from Egay for around $500.....From memory genuine is around $1500,
or
a chap on here has double row kits for around $1600

Mines leased so dealer serviced however they did end up doing it under warranty. Also took three days to do work.
Nav hasn't felt this good in years.
Off topic I know but I also sealed airbox & removed baffle. No downside so far just all good.

I thought he told me Brissie when I was speaking to him but I could be wrong.

Edit: Paul's other business is listed in Pinkenba QLD so I'm guessing his yd25 business is too unless he travels but that would be a bitch of a daily commute.

Last edited by a moderator:
$1750 for the duplex kit wow!! why so much ?? i think i would buy two of the standard kits for $400 a pop off EBAY and swap every 100k that should well a truly see me out and and still be $950 ahead which would pretty much pay for labour so i didnt have to bother doing the job myself.
Dont get me wrong a like the idea of the upgrade, BUT its just to pricey in my opinion. Just my 2cents worth.

$1750 for the duplex kit wow!! why so much ?? i think i would buy two of the standard kits for $400 a pop off EBAY and swap every 100k that should well a truly see me out and and still be $950 ahead which would pretty much pay for labour so i didnt have to bother doing the job myself.
Dont get me wrong a like the idea of the upgrade, BUT its just to pricey in my opinion. Just my 2cents worth.

I concur

double kit is from d22 2.5 motor u need brake vac pump,its all over the uk nissan forum (www.nissan-navara.net) aswell as nissan extending the warranty,but your gonna have to be spot on with that history coz nissan slipery than barrell full of greased eels! hopefully if nissan have done this for uk owners theyll do it for you guys!
google a company in uk called billcar engineering they do a kit for abot £900 off ebay aswell

Looking at the invoice for parts replaced there is a lot more involved than just a chain, sprockets & tensioner. Real glad warranty covered it.

I got a quote from Billcar for the duplex timing chain upgrade kit for $1050AU delivered.

yeah but then you need to send your vac pump to them to be modified which adds cost, the yd25.com. kits bolt straight up, no mods needed, ill be buying a kit for mine off him in the next month or so, would rather spend the extra dollars for peace of mind

Trouble is not all of them make 100k, some have gone earlier, alot earlier so you could spend $400, a full days labour and it still shits its self, to me its a no brainer, id go the good stuff straight up

Latest posts

Back