D40 intercooler upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By any chance did you measure the air intake temps before and after changing the IC? Would be good to know the efficiency increase with the aftermarket IC.

Thanks SOLID, KingCab nah I didn't but I did notice my inside temp gauge sat a little lower after I did the upgrade then what it used to.. so i'm sure it's lowered engine temp but by how much I couldn't tell you.

1165t.jpg

I have now also upgraded the pipe from the turbo to the airbox, I can confidently say that I could feel more responce after I did that mod, heres a pic of it.
There are bigger pis in my garage. Cheers.

engine bay looks different again... I upgraded all the 4mm hoses to that fancy blue silicon stuff.. might have to open up a new thread once my blow off valve gets done next week...

I didnt think you could put a blow off valve on a diesel.

Yeh you can.. i can usualy hear my intercooler pressure come back through the turbo and airbox and i get that cooler sound its not that loud but its noticable.. i am bascially eliminating that from happening as it puts stress on the turbo because air is forced back through while its still spinning... you get longer life out of the turbo by intalling a blow off valve.. i am also looking at purchasing a oil catch can as my new intercooler pipes have like 1mm of oil already through out them..

Yeh you can.. i can usualy hear my intercooler pressure come back through the turbo and airbox and i get that cooler sound its not that loud but its noticable.. i am bascially eliminating that from happening as it puts stress on the turbo because air is forced back through while its still spinning... you get longer life out of the turbo by intalling a blow off valve.. i am also looking at purchasing a oil catch can as my new intercooler pipes have like 1mm of oil already through out them..

Maybe the person i spoke to first time had no idea about diesel turbos, it was when the car was new, he said because there is no vacuum in diesel motors the blow of valve is useless.
I dunno but im gona ask my mechanic.

Cheers.

We will be doing a custom airbox for the d40 soon enough. A larger sealed box with pod style filter instead of the crappy panel one.

Have some scribbles on paper already and will be able to incorporate the safari snorkle. Should go up to other snorkles too.

BTW pretty sure blow off valve on a diesel is a waste of time unless you like the noise as there is no throttle butterfly. When you come off the accelerator in mine boost drops to zero and then rises to 5 or so psi but I am pretty sure this is to do with egr. Will be interested to see if it works somehow but I cant see it.

We will be doing a custom airbox for the d40 soon enough. A larger sealed box with pod style filter instead of the crappy panel one.

Have some scribbles on paper already and will be able to incorporate the safari snorkle. Should go up to other snorkles too.

BTW pretty sure blow off valve on a diesel is a waste of time unless you like the noise as there is no throttle butterfly. When you come off the accelerator in mine boost drops to zero and then rises to 5 or so psi but I am pretty sure this is to do with egr. Will be interested to see if it works somehow but I cant see it.
That was my next mod too, kingcabs and probably ST have a different airbox, alot smaller than the Spain build, the filters are no where near as good as the spainish type either.
PS: are your intercooler kits ready yet?

I have been following this thread with great interest and then it just stops after the question was asked about these intercoolers becoming available! Are there any updates?

very sorry guys I am a bit slack when it comes to following all the topics I have posted in.

Yeah the intercooler kits are up and running. Have had a few issues with the thai build with the steering cooler but we get around it pretty easy.We have sold a lot and are now sold out at the moment but once we get enough interested parties again we will do another run.

It is a bit hard to have em all (all the different kits we do) in stock all the time as there is a hell of a lot of $$$ tied up in them but we try out best.

If you are interested in a kit just contact me thru here and I will get you the info you need.

I have not looked further into doing the airbox mod yet but when I get time it will happen.

Anything else happen with the blow off valve??? Interested to see if it worked.

Sorry for the delay in posting

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back