D40 Power Loss Black Smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday i had the old no power after 2600rpm and heaps black smoke../limp mode.was fine untill 2600rpm then the boost would be cut and the smoke would appear.pretty embarasing...as im chipped and ive been giving the rail pressure relief valve a bit of a nudge here and there..i had a clue where to look...normally i get the fuel leak code but laitly i havnt been getting anything..mystery....i started with removing and shimming the rail valve with another 2.5mm shim.refitted it and im back to normal...
One thing i did notice was a tiny bit of white goo in the entry to the releif valve almost blocking the hole..normally this is a good thing but i think in my case it may have been unseating the internal ball just enough to make it purge with a bit of rail pressure..hence the limp mode
did u put the fuel rail pressure valve in that came with your chip i put it in but dont think it made any difference

That was my backup plan if the shim didnt work...but im a bit sceptical on the chipit on as it totally just a plug/blank...i would feel more comfortable if it could still purge if it really needs to.
Did you have problems with yours longy?

I've got one of those valves anyone can have if they want it, I don't agree with having one installed with that amount of pressure nor have I had the need for it. If I break traction in the wet it may go into limp but never caused any grief.

Sticky injectors ... basically anything that overfuels the engine - chip cranked up too high, dirty MAFS, one guy had an owl stuck in his air intake pipe and they only figured it out when they realised his snorkel intake grille was missing.

More information is required. Are there any unusual sounds? What's the vehicle's performance like, is it normal or does it seem sluggish? Bought any fuel from a small servo? Did you buy fuel from a servo when the tanker was there?

Latest posts

Back