Dayco belts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Czechmate

Reaction score
Bought some new Dayco belts from ebay this week, alternator and power steering

Ive always used dayco belts because they were made in the USA and seemed to last for ages, and slowly crack rather than snap or strip

I noticed the made in USA has vanished from the packaging and the belt itself. Also they no longer had "Gold Label" or "Top Cog" written on them, and the cardboard sleeve had changed from "Poly Rib Quiet Design" to "Poly-V"

The actual belt itself looks like total shite next to a new older US made one i had in the cupboard

Not totally sure if its outsourcing or just a lower grade model of belt, but i suspect its a moved production to somewhere cheaper scenario

If anyone has any input on this let me know

ive been stranded on the way to the airport with a snapped new belt before and it pissed me right off

Attachments

• DSC_0715.jpg
    DSC_0715.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0714.jpg
    DSC_0714.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0718.jpg
    DSC_0718.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 28
Got this update from ebay seller Automotiveonline after i asked about it:

hi dayco has moved all their manufacturing to china as of last year. as for the poly rib and gold standard they are no difference in them as they only make 1 part number belt.

Bastards

Unfortunately this is the way with many big name brands... Make a huge name for themselves, supply a near perfect product with good customer service and then move the manufacturing process well overseas and supply a much cheaper to make product..

In the process losing product quality but because of their huge name, the product end price stays the same..Your almost deceived into buying the shit quailty product.

So in this case case you didnt know of the move until sending them an email? Your thinking your buying their original top quality materials?
For what its worth, keep sendimg emails, i reckon you could press for a refund

Im thinking about it. My anger should be directed at Dayco themselves really.

I guess belts are now something else to add to the list of parts where you have to go genuine if you want something decent

Latest posts

Back