Navara D40 - long range fuel tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be aware, as I ended up being disappointed in the LRA tank due to the way it is mounted in the vehicle, with the straps that run under the tank. If you happen to drag the tank over something as I did when in a rut, they got dragged backwards and bent. I do not think it would take to much to break them off in this situation. I did send them an email asking what could be done and maybe a change in design to protect them, but they replied that they have seen no problems and it would be too hard to change the design.

Chris

I got under my D40 yesterday and noticed a few gouge marks in my plastic tank, might be time for a steel one I reckon!

I have not long ago fitted a long ranger 70ltr aux tank in my D40. Just got back from a 2500km trip.
The fuel gauge did not move until we had travelled 660ks & at 3/4 empty took 118lts....
Worked out we used 11lts per 100ks for the whole trip & that was fully loaded...

Hi Guys

I got my OL 160 tank fitted today and are pleased I outsourced the installation. The problem was the Brown Davis rear bash plate and tank use a common mounting point. The result was some 'reengineering' of the bash plate.

Anyway just keep that in mind if you have a Brown Davis rear bash plate and wanting to fit an Opposite Lock fuel tank.

Gus

Got any pics of how low it sits please mate? The dealers couldn't confirm for me whether it hung down lower than the chassis rails or not.

Matt

Pics below :)

FuelTank1.jpg

FuelTank2.jpg

FuelTank4.jpg

Latest posts

Back