Intercooler Hard Pipe Upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi mate, the apollo filter kit came with a MAF sensor adapter, so i hacked that to pieces then cut a slot out in the hard pipe. Tec screwed the cut out adapter plate onto the pipe with a nice bead of silicon around the plate.

fio8.jpg

Would you say the Apollo is alot easier to seal for waterproof reasons?
Also what is the quality of the unit? Does it feel cheap and thin?

Would you say the Apollo is alot easier to seal for waterproof reasons?
Also what is the quality of the unit? Does it feel cheap and thin?

The unit is sealed up nice and tight, has bolts around the join with a nice hefty gland plate. I haven't opened it up to check the element yet cause it comes pre-oiled but its sturdy and has no bend or internal movement when you carry it or when i positioned it in. I've made a video about the apollo filter and hard piping, i just run through what i used, an overview of the job and then some road testing. Hopefully get that online either tonight or tomorrow morning, il keep you posted.

Hey mate, the postage on that is $160 from the US, did you work out a cheaper postage rate with the seller or something?

Mine was only 20 bucks, they must have boosted it up when they renewed the ad, only came in a small box so cant see how they can explain 160 bucks, thats ridiculous.

Yeah looks like all the other kits on eBay work out to be the same, does anyone else have any cheaper options?

I was measuring things up today with a view to doing this mod and had the air box removed.

There's a rubber hose that hangs off the back left corner of the base of the airbox via a black plastic tie ... I can't figure out where it connects back on to.

I'm guessing it's the boost hose ... Any tips?

Last edited:
I was measuring things up today with a view to doing this mod and t ookthe air box removed. There's a rubber hose that hangs off the back left corner of the base of the airbox via a black plastic tie ... I can't figure out where it connects back on to. I'm guessing it's the boost hose ... Any tips?
it goes back to the boost solenoid, if you follow it back from the turbo actuator (on top of the turbo a small hose same as you describe) is the 3 ported solenoid you should be able to figure out where the hose goes back in :)

it goes back to the boost solenoid, if you follow it back from the turbo actuator (on top of the turbo a small hose same as you describe) is the 3 ported solenoid you should be able to figure out where the hose goes back in :)

Cheers mate ... I'm guessing airbox back out to reconnect it & are you saying it connects back onto the airbox??

Last edited:
So guys whats the trick in removing the silly wire type clip on the bottom of the stock soft pipe???

Just was about to install the PLAZMAMAN hard pipe and dont want to brake the clip as im pretty sure i have to reuse it.

Any tips??

So guys whats the trick in removing the silly wire type clip on the bottom of the stock soft pipe???

Just was about to install the PLAZMAMAN hard pipe and dont want to brake the clip as im pretty sure i have to reuse it.

Any tips??

I re used the metal clip but not the plastic bit that holds it. Small screwdriver and push the ends of the metal clip into the recess, once you get one side you need to hold the other or it will pop out while attempting to recess the second part. Hope it helps you

Anyone have this pipe come up short on the end that attaches with the clip does not seat properly. I tried everything and it just would not fit so the clip would not hold the end in place. Anyone have this problem? I purchased the 2011 onward pipe. for my 2012 D40.

I would like to thank Malicious for that handy piece of advice. Plenty of hard but enough bloody hard. With some tough persuasion I got the pipe in place.

Once again the Navara forum has come to my rescue!

I would like to thank Malicious for that handy piece of advice. Plenty of hard but enough bloody hard. With some tough persuasion I got the pipe in place.

Once again the Navara forum has come to my rescue!

With a bit of lube and some gentle persuasion you can get nearly anything, anywhere.

Latest posts

Back