Anyone with a provent in d40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.8GU

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if there is anyone on here with a provent in there d40? I bought one second hand off ebay for a good price and just bought a filter for it.
My question is in regards to how much oil you got out of it? Mine has been on for about 3 months now and there is no oil in the drain pipe to speak of.
When you open the unit it has got a mist over the top of the filter etc and the filter is just showing signs of oil on the filtered/clean outer side.

I am hoping it is a good sign in that my motor doesn't have too bad blow by but just wanting to check if there is something missing.

Last edited:
I purchased one but had difficulty in finding a position for it. Where did you end up installing yours?

Put mine on the radiator support panel. Between the air box n the intercooler pipe, D40. Ran 5/8 oil resistant pipe over n back. Bought a Calibre brand from supercheap $69. Had to buy two 5/8 fittings as it came with 10mm. Removable for Dealer services.

John can you confirm the size of the hose for me? 5/8" is about 16mm (15.875, near enough) and SCA only list 5/16" (8mm) or 3/8" (10mm) for oil cooler. I'm contemplating making my own catch can and mounting it in a similar location as yours - I might just buy one yet, but will still need hose.

Yes mate 16mm-5/8", got it at hydraulics place. RMD 1016 TOTALRUBBER MULTI SERIES II 20 BAR. Took 900mm from eng to can, 700mm can to inlet. $30 0dd. Was told heater hose would eventually break down with oil. Didn't wanna use smaller than std, such a long way for it to travell to the front. I was convinced it was nessecsary when at 70,000klm I found so much oil in the intercooler pipe. Can right beside air con pipe, and fits nicely.

has anybody found a goodone on ebay or something just so may around not to sure what good or not

Calibre has a removable top for cleaning, an in and out option + option for breather on top, instead of returning air to intake, a drain in the bottom and a sight tube to measure how full. A good size for tight fit 80mm x 150mm.

could somebody post some picture on installing these into a d40 it would be much appreciated

I have good pics but no clue how 2 get em ova.

Last edited:
Provent

Contact Western Filters Blacktown Sydney.
They carry the Provent in kit form for the D40s pipes and all.
Also have one installed on their D40.
I removed my shitty Supercrap catchcan and installed a real Provent unit.

digging up an old thread here, i've got a provent 200 i'm looking to install, just wondering if someone could post up a pic of the bracket they made to mount it, it pretty much only fits in between the airbox and the cooler pipe on the passenger side, just looking for mounting ideas if someone is able to post up some pics for me, it would be much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back