Timing Chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.0lt

Reaction score
A mate just had his D40 2.5 timing chain replaced(no oil feed) and his oil pump as well due to the usual whine noise which was in fact the oil pump. This was all done under warranty by Nissan , but he noticed that the oil hadn`t been change after the replacements.
Has anyone else when this is done had the oil changed by Nissan , I would think it would be best to change the oil to not risk contamination from the faulty part (filings bits of casket etc)

He is going to take it back just to be sure.

Cheers

Bruce

Last edited:
that is normal practice for the service depts......wrong but normal.....just repair ONLY whats broken

tho when after the repair did he check the oil......new oil will go black in a very short amount of k's

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure some service technicians take short-cuts, probably directed to by money-pinching number crunchers or managers under pressure to make things more profitable.

About 7L of oil goes into our diesels, and it's not cheap shit. Especially those of us with DPFs, the oil used is extremely low-ash formula and usually semi if not fully synthetic. The 5w40 fully synthetic used by my dealer in the 80,000km service cost me $99.36 (according to the service sheet - I keep ALL of mine).

As Jim says, it's not right after replacing components that may have left debris in the oil.

Just curious, how many kms did your mate's D40 was on when the chain and pump was replaced?

Gianni

About 7L of oil goes into our diesels, and it's not cheap shit. Especially those of us with DPFs, the oil used is extremely low-ash formula and usually semi if not fully synthetic. The 5w40 fully synthetic used by my dealer in the 80,000km service cost me $99.36 (according to the service sheet - I keep ALL of mine).

correct..i use penrite enviro 5w40 semi syn $91/10L..bloody dear!!!!! but what can u do..

Latest posts

Back