ZD30 D22 hard to start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no still haven't got it sorted but i have noticed when trying to start it labors and gives a high pitched whistle? which i think is coming from starter motor

Last edited:
Hi guy's bit of an update, have fixed laboring start by replacing starter motor, turns out 1 of the 4 brushes was stuck and not contacting the armature properly, starter will be fine once i free up that corroded brush.

Now with the issue of hard to start when cold and CEL light coming on not sure what that is yet, i have ordered a new set of glow plugs will keep you updated as to how it pans out.

How'd you go.

Hi dave

well it's a funny thing cause the hard start hasn't done it again since those couple of times, but when it has done it like others have said tacho goes erratic and CEL light is on.

I am taking it to northside 4x4 and give it a diagnostics run on the dyno hopefully will show up something.

Checked all the body earths ?

Mine will idle up at times, cleaned the main earths last time and it fixed it for a while.

Will have to give it another go.

Checked all the body earths ?

Mine will idle up at times, cleaned the main earths last time and it fixed it for a while.

Will have to give it another go.

yes m8 cleaned all earths exceptionally clean too but didn't really help anything, as i said vehicle has done it probably 4 times and hasn't done it since in the last few weeks, hopefully dyno will show something failing.

Good luck, keep us updated can you.

yep will do m8, i think a lot of ppl want to see what the issue is so i will be doing my best to find out,

will keep you's updated, if you don't hear from me reply in this thread and i will get an email which will remind me.

Hi guy's

tried the 40amp fuse bad contact problem and that hasn't fixed it,

i will be taking it too Nissan for a ECU diagnostics and see if they can find anything. They quoted me $125 bucks which i think is a small price to pay for piece of mind will update you's as soon as i know anything.

Last edited:
Hi guy's another update for ya's

have now replaced glow plugs and still has the starting issue, is going on computer next week sometime, to see what codes it has thrown.

Putting it on the computer would have been 1 of the first things I did to diagnose the problem

Yea well normally i would too, but it was scaring me the price of having it done till i found out exactly how much it was.

but have replaced glow plugs now, and about to do ignition pigtail, for the cost of a diagnostics test anyway,

was hoping for a quick fix, ignition pigtail will be here by Thursday, and booked in for diagnostics Friday so by the end of the week hopefully i should have some bloody idea what's going on!

will keep you posted guy's.

ok guy's another update for ya's

have now replaced back of ignition with new 1 and still have starting issues, got me stuffed, the only thing i can think of now is a diagnostics check and hope to Christ it shows something.

Latest posts

Back