Calmini 5inch lift swerve test

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashy06

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Got a bit of drama with my car... So we moved house about a year ago and thought we had all our mail redirected to new address. Turns out my registrations renewals were going to old address, fast forward a year I got pulled over from cops the other day and was informed my car has been out of registration for 6months and they need to take my plates off my car and my trailer which is also out of rego (was on my way out bush to get a load of wood which I really needed running very low). Now the problem is my car has the calmini 5inch lift on it running on 33inch tyres which was on there when I bought it about 7 years ago. After a few phone calls to local inspection places and engineers turns out it's very expensive to do this swerve test $3500-$5000 and not guaranteed to pass. Has anyone had this done or had to remove the lift kit which is a major job in itself.

Thanks for any information I am WA based too so any info from people over here greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Easy way would be to swap the kit to get the roady.
Lot of $$$ for the swerv test, u wont be happy dropping that coin if it fails.

Yeah I think that is the best option pain in the arse but yeah... I'll have to source some parts and hopefully not too much of a drama swapping it back to low Navara.... Going to miss the height that's for sure

I'll add, while you're at it, sign up for the licensing department online account thing too. You can check and pay rego from there and I'm pretty sure you can set up SMS reminders too...

Good luck. If you had a D22 I have factory rear leaves from when I changed mine, but that won't help you for a D40...

Yeah I think that is the best option pain in the arse but yeah... I'll have to source some parts and hopefully not too much of a drama swapping it back to low Navara.... Going to miss the height that's for sure

Maybe swap it back after...
Your situation kinda sux.

I'll add, while you're at it, sign up for the licensing department online account thing too. You can check and pay rego from there and I'm pretty sure you can set up SMS reminders too...

Good luck. If you had a D22 I have factory rear leaves from when I changed mine, but that won't help you for a D40...
Yeah did all this while on the phone to the transport place so should be right now when I eventually get her back on the road.

Come across another drama... To put the calmini lift in they had to cut a bit of the mount off the diff side for the cross member... Would or be ok to run with out it installed or is there too much pressure on those points

Cheers guys
43e588ce39bae8aa38cb749966845d1d.jpg

I need to lower it to get passed over the pits and back on the road... Don't know how long it will be lowered for probably a while so just need to know if I need to somehow have a cross member in there

Latest posts

Back