Newbie from central NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwebb2876

Reaction score
Hi all; recently got myself a ‘97 D22 single cab with the QD32 engine.
I had an LN47 Hilux when I was 19, lifted on 33s, twin lockers, winch, the usual. Decided I wanted to get into drag racing so I sold it, I’ve been regretting that particular decision for the last few years and wanted to get back into 4WDing, so when this thing popped up for $3500 with 147k on it and a few months rego I jumped on it.
I don’t know a huge amount about these things, other than judging by the TD27 ‘96 D21 Dad’s had since new it should be pretty much bulletproof, if a little slow.

Plan is to do a 2” suspension/1” body lift, 265/75s on 16x7 Sunnies, a winch, snorkel, extractors/exhaust, VMS GPS unit, dualcab buckets/console, bashplates from the bullbar right back to the end of the transfer case, rooftop tent on top of a custom canopy, and a few other bits and pieces to make it a half decent camping/touring rig. A turbo might be on the cards down the track once I’ve put a few k’s on the thing, just to make sure it’s not gonna explode on me anytime soon.

Looking forward to picking your collective brains :cheers!:

Back