STX550 not Engaging Manual mode???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Guess what. I also had the exact same problem with manual mode not working intermittently. After some months not at all actually... (tiptronic not working)
It's now fixed AND I didn't replace the instrument cluster.

I pulled the instrument cluster out and inspected it and pushed on all the components and looked at the soldering. Nothing that I could see as a bad solder joint or blown component using my phone's camera magnification.

I put the cluster back in and the theft light came on briefly before going out. Went for a drive and everything is working perfect again.

I believe the power cycle did a full software reboot and fixed the problem. You need to remember that this is a CAN bus network going to the auto transmission and a digital message is what tells the transmission what it should try to do.

I don't think anyone needs to replace the cluster. Just pull it out press on components if you want to and put it back in after 10mins.

Now I'm wondering if just pulling the battery terminals off for a while would of fixed this???

___

Last edited:
Hi all. Guess what. I also had the exact same problem with manual mode not working intermittently. After some months not at all actually... (tiptronic not working)
It's now fixed AND I didn't replace the instrument cluster.

I pulled the instrument cluster out and inspected it and pushed on all the components and looked at the soldering. Nothing that I could see as a bad solder joint or blown component using my phone's camera magnification.

I put the cluster back in and the theft light came on briefly before going out. Went for a drive and everything is working perfect again.

I believe the power cycle did a full software reboot and fixed the problem. You need to remember that this is a CAN bus network going to the auto transmission and a digital message is what tells the transmission what it should try to do.

I don't think anyone needs to replace the cluster. Just pull it out press on components if you want to and put it back in after 10mins.

Now I'm wondering if just pulling the battery terminals off for a while would of fixed this???

___
I am having this same issue. But everything looks fine on the cluster unit to me. Not sure how to test the diodes though and what reading I should be getting?

Pull the cluster out and clean the circuit board with methylated spirits or alcohol. Mine worked again after doing that. (2nd time the tiptronic function stopped after post earlier). Working now but don't know how long it will stay working...

_

Mine is broken again. Nissan want $2300 for a new instrument cluster. I guess I will try and find a second one from the wreckers.

_

Hi all, just adding to the thread to say I had the same issue of intermittent operation and then not at all. I tracked down a second hand cluster on gumtree…harder task than I imagined as wreckers had none in brisbane. NIS4x4 wreckers in Victoria wanted $650. I had to Frankenstein bits of the orginal as the clear plastic face was cracked and a push pin brocken, however alls well that ends well. Manual mode is working again, face and pin swapped over. I’ve been given a lead for a workshop at Brendale, North Brisbane that can fix electronic guages, will check them out to see if I can get the Kms reset as I started with a 97k on the clock and now have 204k. Will repost when i know more.

Update everything going fine I put the multi meter on the old cluster and went threw the 61 diodes on the circuit board and found the possible culprit and a dry solder joint might find a replacement diode and re solder the joint and see if it works just for the heck of it
will up date when I do this
cheers Pete
Hi Pete,
Hope the Navara is still chugging along.
Did you end up having a crack at fixing the dry solder in the cluster at all?
Any insight into its location behind the cluster (combination meter)?
Also found this diagram.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 8.52.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 8.52.55 PM.png
    285 KB · Views: 0
update, put second hand cluster in,has fixed the problem,cant believe it ,have spent $2500 in the last 6 months at different shops to rectify problem
Cant thankyou enough for the info you have shared with me.

KMS on the new cluster are half what the original had on it so happy days.

More important for us is the manual mode for when we tow a boat going down bulli pass or ousley. Thankyou once again.
Hi hope can help,when you changed the cluster did the codes on the back match up or can you fit any cluster from any d40 v6 TIA Tony jj

Latest posts

Back