EGR Blank and Valve Failure (she's dead,solved)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok! It's interesting you saying that more often it cranks but injection is denied. With a bit of luck it may be sensor/electrical related. It may not be the MAF sensor itself but perhaps the loom or connection. Ok, it was cleaned recently but sometimes just disturbing something can cause problems there or elsewhere while poking around. Check all the easy stuff first, wiggle test, contact cleaner on all the main sensors terminal blades, MAF, crankshaft speed, cam sensor, boost... Hopefully it's something simple like that.
Good luck Jimmy. Hope it doesn't cost you a packet to sort out.

well its now in at QDADs

from what ive told them, they think it may be the injectors but wont know till tomorrow when they start looking at it

When I first got my D40, I had a lack of power and was blowing black smoke. A few days later found the 2 hoses on the top of the engine to be broken. Repaired, and then took it for a drive, which resulted in...:confused2:

Check those 2 hoses!

Fingers are crossed for you dude. They'll tell you it was a bad connection in the loom, but you owe them for a bit of labour. *fingers crossed!!!*

they suspect that one injector was staying open resulting in the engine dumping fuel and stopping the engine.

the injectors are out and being tested will ring for an update on monday

well the injectors are back from the testing, they are worn but no the true cause of the problem,

they noticed that when the intercooler piping was off they found the engine was spurting back through the intake which may mean a timing issue

so they are investigating that now

its going to be a slow process,

because mechanical fault doesnt give an error code

and the cant start the car to try andd get a code for anything else

ok the word is that the egr valve is shot

i had a egr blank and apparently that cause all the issues

will have to wait and see if they are right

I doubt it too. Completely blocking the EGR valve in a vehicle fitted with a flow sensor will trigger the CEL but won't send the injectors on a spak attack.

Yours is a 2007 model, which does NOT have an EGR flow sensor.

Latest posts

Back